Roll over image to zoom in
Hill's Prescription Diet
y/d with Chicken Wet Cat Food
Support for your cat's overactive thyroid
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
At Hill’s, we’re dedicated to making foods your pet will love. If you’re not satisfied for any reason with a product purchased from one of our authorized sellers, simply return the unused portion to the place of purchase for your money back or a replacement product. Additional terms may apply. Please click here for full details.
Hill's Prescription Diet y/d Wet Cat Food is an easy and convenient way to manage a cat's overactive thyroid and the only clinically proven nutrition to decrease thyroid hormone production in 3 weeks when fed as the sole source of nutrition. For best results, consistent and exclusive long-term feeding of this product is critical for efficacy of the product's benefits.
This canned food is made with chicken and has a ground texture in a light gravy with a great taste your cat will love. Dry and canned formulas can be mixed or fed concurrently.
How it helps:
- Nutrition shown to decrease thyroid hormone (T4) production in 3 weeks
- Supports kidney, heart & urinary health
- Helps maintain lean muscle mass
- Visible improvement in skin & coat
- S+OXSHIELD: Formulated to promote a urinary environment that reduces the risk of developing struvite & calcium oxalate crystals
How it works:
- Limited iodine
- Controlled phosphorus and reduced sodium with omega-3 fatty acids from fish oil
- High levels of L-carnitine to support a healthy body condition
- Omega-6 fatty acids to promote a healthy skin & coat
Please consult your veterinarian for further information on how our Prescription Diet foods can help your cat to continue to enjoy a happy and active life.
Proud to have helped
11 million shelter pets
find a forever home & counting
INGREDIENTS: Water, Pork Liver, Pork By-Products, Chicken, Corn Flour, Rice, Chicken Fat, Chicken Liver Flavor, Powdered Cellulose, Calcium Carbonate, Fish Oil, Natural Flavor, L-Lysine, Potassium Chloride, DL-Methionine, vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Ascorbic Acid (source of Vitamin C), Niacin Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement, Folic Acid, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Biotin), Guar Gum, Taurine, Choline Chloride, Salt, Cysteine, Dicalcium Phosphate, L-Carnitine, minerals (Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate), Beta-Carotene.
IMPORTANT: Because iodine intake from other food sources -- treats, another pets food, flavored medicines, etc. -- can compromise the effectiveness of low-iodine nutrition, it is critical that you follow your veterinarian's feeding instructions carefully and feed only Prescription Diet y/d.
Ask your veterinarian for specific feeding instructions for your pet. Daily Feeding Recommendations are only a guide and a place to start. Grams are the most accurate form of measurement; cups are estimated from grams.
For best results:
- Gradually transition to this new food for 7 days or more
- Exclusively feed the recommended Prescription Diet dry and wet foods
- Keep fresh water available at all times
- Have your veterinarian monitor your pet's condition
- Cover and refrigerate unused portion
|Weight of Cat - lbs (kgs)||Amount per Day - 5.5 oz (156 g) cans|
|8 (3,6)||1 1/4|
|10 (4,5)||1 1/3|
|12 (5,4)||1 1/2|
|14 (6,4)||1 3/4|
Animal feeding tests using AAFCO procedures substantiate that Hill's Prescription Diet y/d with Chicken Cat Food provides complete and balanced nutrition for maintenance of adult cats
194 kcal / 5.5 oz (156 g) can
|Carbohydrate / NFE||31.2 %|
|Crude Fiber||3.1 %|
1The nutrient in the product after moisture is removed. It is used to make direct comparisons of nutrient profiles with differing moisture contents.