Roll over image to zoom in
Hill's Prescription Diet
k/d + j/d Chicken Flavor Cat Food
Delicious clinical nutrition to help protect vital kidney function, encourage appetite and increase mobility in your cat
Kidney Care, Joint Care
Alternate Product Recommendation
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
At Hill’s, we’re dedicated to making foods your pet will love. If you’re not satisfied for any reason with a product purchased from one of our authorized sellers, simply return the unused portion to the place of purchase for your money back or a replacement product. Additional terms may apply. Please click here for full details.
Nutrition has been the cornerstone of long-term support for pets with kidney conditions. Nutrition can also play a key role in managing cats' mobility, reducing clinical signs and improving weight-bearing ability in cats.
Being proactive and managing both conditions with nutrition can have a lasting impact on cats' health.
Prescription Diet k/d + j/d combines the proven nutrition of Prescription Diet k/d for Kidney Care with the technology and efficacy of Prescription Diet j/d for Mobility. It's formulated with ActivBiome+ Kidney Defense, a proprietary blend of prebiotics shown to activate the gut microbiome to help protect kidney function. It also features Enhanced Appetite Trigger (E.A.T) to stimulate appetite and increase food intake. This dry food is made with chicken flavor and has an irresistible taste that your cat will love.
Prescription Diet k/d + j/d is clinical nutrition to improve and lengthen quality of life and increase mobility in cats.
How it helps:
- Nutrition to help protect vital kidney function and increase ability to run, climb and jump
- Nutrition to help manage the invisible changes within the intestinal tract that impact kidney function
- Nutrition to help build muscle mass and help maintain energy and strength
- Stimulates appetite & increases food intake
- S+OXSHIELD: Formulated to promote a urinary environment that reduces the risk of developing struvite & calcium oxalate crystals
How it works:
- Reduced phosphorus & sodium, enriched with omega-3 fatty acids, glucosamine & chondroitin sulfate
- ActivBiome+ Kidney Defense activates the gut microbiome to reduce harmful waste products
- With optimized levels of essential amino acids and high quality protein to help keep them strong
- Enhanced Appetite Trigger (E.A.T.) for cats
Hill's Prescription Diet k/d + j/d Dry Cat Food is a complete and balanced food that provides all the nutrition your cat needs. Please consult your veterinarian for further information on how our Prescription Diet foods can help your cat to continue to enjoy a happy and active life.
For best results, consistent long term feeding of this product is critical for efficacy of the product benefits.
Dry and canned formulas can be mixed or fed concurrently.
Proprietary technology clinically proven to stimulate appetite and increase caloric intake of cats with kidney disease.
Formulated to promote a urinary environment that reduces the risk of developing struvite & calcium oxalate crystals
Made in the USA with global ingredients you can trust
Proud to have helped 13 MILLION SHELTER PETS find a forever home & counting
INGREDIENTS: Chicken, Brewers Rice, Chicken Fat, Corn Gluten Meal, Whole Grain Oats, Whole Grain Wheat, Wheat Gluten, Fish Oil, Chicken Liver Flavor, Dried Beet Pulp, Egg Product, Lactic Acid, Flaxseed, Calcium Carbonate, L-Arginine, Potassium Citrate, Calcium Sulfate, Betaine, Potassium Chloride, Choline Chloride, DL-Methionine, Fructooligosaccharides (FOS), vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (source of Vitamin C), Niacin Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Calcium Pantothenate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Vitamin A Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement, Biotin, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Folic Acid, Vitamin D3 Supplement), Taurine, L-Threonine, L-Lysine, Chondroitin Sulfate, Iodized Salt, minerals (Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Manganous Oxide, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite), L-Carnitine, L-Tryptophan, Glucosamine Hydrochloride, Mixed Tocopherols for freshness, Natural Flavors, Beta-Carotene.
Ask your veterinarian for specific feeding instructions for your pet. Daily Feeding Recommendations are only a guide and a place to start. Grams are the most accurate form of measurement; cups are estimated from grams.
For best results:
- Gradually transition to this new food for 7 days or more. Some cats may need longer than 7 days to transition to a new food. Be patient and consistent.
- Exclusively feed the recommended Prescription Diet dry and wet foods
- Keep fresh water available at all times
- Have your veterinarian monitor your pet's condition
- To prevent suffocation, keep the packaging out of the reach of pets & children
|Weight of Cat - lbs (kgs)||Amount per Day - cups (grams)|
|6 (2,7)||3/8 (45)|
|8 (3,6)||1/2 (60)|
|10 (4,5)||1/2 (60)|
|12 (5,4)||5/8 (75)|
|14 (6,4)||2/3 (75)|
|16 (7,3)||3/4 (85)|
|18 (8,2)||7/8 (100)|
Animal feeding tests using AAFCO procedures substantiate that Hill's Prescription Diet k/d + j/d Chicken Flavor Cat Food provides complete and balanced nutrition for maintenance of adult cats
4086 kcal/kg (475 kcal/cup†)
|Carbohydrate / NFE||43 %|
|Crude Fiber||1 %|
|Vitamin C||124 ppm|
|Vitamin E||711 IU/kg|
|Total Omega-3 FA||1.45 %|
1The nutrient in the product after moisture is removed. It is used to make direct comparisons of nutrient profiles with differing moisture contents.
†An eight fluid oz. measuring cup of k/d + j/d Chicken Flavor Cat Food contains 4.1 oz. by weight.