Roll over image to zoom in
Weight + Urinary Care
Just like the human epidemic, almost 50% of the pet population is overweight. Even a little extra weight can impact the pet's quality of life and relationship with family because that extra weight can reduce play time, put your dog at risk of urinary conditions like bladder stones and affect the lifelong general health of your dog.
Hill's nutritionists & veterinarians developed Prescription Diet® Metabolic + Urinary Canine clinical nutrition to help manage your dog's weight and urinary health. In fact, Metabolic + Urinary Canine is specially formulated to reduce the risk of calcium oxalate & struvite stones AND is nutrition clinically proven to reduce weight by 13% in 60 days.
How it works:
- A synergistic blend of ingredients
- Controlled levels of magnesium, calcium & phosphorus
- Enriched with antioxidants, potassium citrate & omega-3 fatty acids
- Unique fiber blend from fruits and vegetables
How it helps:
- Naturally works with your pet's unique metabolism
- Formulated to reduce the risk of struvite & calcium oxalate stones
- Helps your pet feel full & satisfied between meals
- Formulated to support a healthy immune system
- S+OXSHIELDTM: Formulated to promote a urinary environment that reduces the risk of developing struvite & calcium oxalate crystals
Hill's® Prescription Diet® Metabolic + Urinary Canine provides all the nutrition your dog needs during weight loss and maintenance while improving urinary health. Please consult your veterinarian for further information on how our Prescription Diet® foods can help your dog to continue to enjoy a happy and active life.
Made in the USA
with global ingredients you can trust
Proud to have helped
11 million shelter pets
find a forever home & counting
INGREDIENTS: Brewers Rice, Corn Gluten Meal, Powdered Cellulose, Pea Fiber, Chicken Meal, Dried Tomato Pomace, Soybean Oil, Chicken Liver Flavor, Coconut Oil, Pork Liver Flavor, Flaxseed, Lactic Acid, Potassium Citrate, L-Lysine, Fish Oil, Calcium Carbonate, Carrots, Choline Chloride, DL-Methionine, Glyceryl Monostearate, Iodized Salt, vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, Niacin Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Calcium Pantothenate, Riboflavin Supplement, Biotin, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Vitamin A Supplement, Folic Acid, Vitamin D3 Supplement), Lipoic Acid, L-Tryptophan, minerals (Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Manganous Oxide, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite), Taurine, Mixed Tocopherols for freshness, Natural Flavors, L-Carnitine, Green Peas, Apples, Cranberries, Beta-Carotene, Broccoli.
|Ideal Weight of Dog - lbs (kgs)||Amount per Day - cups (grams) - Weight loss||Amount per Day - cups (grams) - Adult maintenance|
|5 (2,3)||1/2 (45)||3/4 (65)|
|10 (4,5)||3/4 (65)||1 1/4 (110)|
|15 (6,8)||1 (90)||1 2/3 (145)|
|20 (9,1)||1 1/3 (115)||2 (175)|
|30 (14)||1 3/4 (155)||2 3/4 (240)|
|40 (18)||2 1/4 (200)||3 1/2 (310)|
|50 (23)||2 2/3 (235)||4 1/4 (375)|
|60 (27)||3 (265)||4 3/4 (415)|
|70 (32)||3 1/3 (295)||5 1/3 (470)|
|80 (36)||3 3/4 (330)||6 (525)|
|100 (45)||4 1/3 (380)||7 (615)|
|120 (54)||5 (440)||8 (705)|
Feeding your pet the right amount of Metabolic + Urinary every day will help them achieve and maintain a healthy weight for life as well as improved urinary health. If you are unsure, ask your veterinarian. For best results & safety practices:
- Gradually transition to your pet's new food over a 7 day period.
- Exclusively feed the recommended Prescription Diet dry food, canned food & treats.
- Keep fresh water available at all times.
- Have your veterinarian monitor your pet's condition.
- To prevent suffocation, keep the packaging out of the reach of pets & children.
3170 kcal/kg (279 kcal/cup†)
|Carbohydrate / NFE||40.4|
|Total Omega-3 FA||0.96|
|Chondroitin Sulphate||512 ppm|
1The nutrient in the product after moisture is removed. It is used to make direct comparisons of nutrient profiles with differing moisture contents.