Hill's® Prescription Diet® k/d® Canine Beef & Vegetable Stew
Kidneys role is to filter waste and toxins from the blood, and maintain the normal balance of fluid and minerals within the body. As pets are getting older, damage to kidney tissues may occur. This process is irreversible, and will lead to further loss of kidney function. Renal dogs may also experience loss of appetite and their caloric intake might decline, which may lead eventually to loss of muscle mass.
Hill's nutritionists and veterinarians developed Prescription Diet® k/d®, clinical nutrition to support your dog's kidney health. In fact, The nutrition of Prescription Diet® k/d® is clinically proven to improve & lengthen quality of life.
Clinically proven nutrition that can transform your pet’s life.
How It Works:
- Controlled phosphorus & low sodium
- High level of essential amino acids - The building blocks of muscle protein
- Therapeutic levels of L-Carnitine and Omega-3 fatty acids
How It Helps:
- Protects vital kidney & heart function
- Boosts vitality & energy
- Supports your dog's natural ability to build lean muscle daily
100% Satisfaction Guarantee We're confident your pet will enjoy Hill's® Prescription Diet® foods. We're so confident that we offer a 100% money-back guarantee.*
Made in our own USA facilities with U.S. and imported ingredients.
* 100% Satisfaction Guarantee - if you are unsatisfied for any reason, return the unused portion to the place of purchase for a full refund or replacement.
Hill's® Prescription Diet® k/d® Canine is a complete and balanced food that provides all the nutrition your dog needs. Please consult your veterinarian for further information on how our Prescription Diet® foods can help your dog to continue to enjoy a happy and active life.
How to adjust feeding amounts to maintain optimal weight.
Adjust feeding amounts as necessary to maintain optimal weight. If you are unsure, ask your veterinarian.
For best results & safety practices:
- Cover and refrigerate unused portion.
- Reinforce with clients to feed Prescription Diet dry food, canned food, & treats exclusively.
- Gradually transition to the new food over a 7 day period.
- Avoid transitioning to the new food during periods of illness or hospitalization. A food aversion may develop, causing decreased acceptance of the food when the pet is feeling better.
- To increase compliance with the nutrition : Offer different varieties of flavors & textures from Hill’s® Prescription Diet® k/d® such as Hill’s® Prescription Diet® k/d® stews or Hill’s® Prescription Diet® k/d® dry food.
Adult maintenance - using 5.5 oz (156 g) can
Weight of Dog - lb (kg) Amount per Day 5 lb (2,3 kg) 1 1/2 cans 10 lb (4,5 kg) 2 1/3 cans 15 lb (6,8 kg) 3 1/4 cans 20 lb (9,1 kg) 4 cans 30 lb (14 kg) 5 1/2 cans 40 lb (18 kg) 6 3/4 cans 50 lb (23 kg) 8 cans 60 lb (27 kg) 9 1/4 cans 70 lb (32 kg) 10 1/3 cans 80 lb (36 kg) 11 1/2 cans 100 lb (45 kg) 13 1/2 cans 120 lb (54 kg) 15 1/2 cans
Adult maintenance - using 12.5 oz (354 g) can
Weight of Dog - lb (kg) Amount per Day 5 lb (2,3 kg) 5/8 can 10 lb (4,5 kg) 1 can 15 lb (6,8 kg) 1 1/2 cans 20 lb (9,1 kg) 1 3/4 cans 30 lb (14 kg) 2 1/3 cans 40 lb (18 kg) 3 cans 50 lb (23 kg) 3 1/2 cans 60 lb (27 kg) 4 cans 70 lb (32 kg) 4 1/2 cans 80 lb (36 kg) 5 cans 100 lb (45 kg) 6 cans 120 lb (54 kg) 6 3/4 cans
Animal feeding tests using AAFCO procedures substantiate that Hill's® Prescription Diet® k/d® Canine Beef & Vegetable Stew provides complete and balanced nutrition for maintenance of adult dogs.
High quality protein and thoughtfully sourced ingredients.
Water, Beef, Carrots, Rice, Chicken Fat, Pork Liver, Rice Starch, Dextrose, Green Peas, Sugar, Egg Whites, Chicken Liver Flavor, Powdered Cellulose, Fish Oil, Dried Beet Pulp, Flaxseed, Potassium Alginate, Caramel color, Calcium Lactate, Calcium Gluconate, Natural Flavor, Potassium Citrate, Brewers Dried Yeast, Choline Chloride, Guar Gum, Soybean Oil, L-Lysine, Calcium Chloride, Dicalcium Phosphate, vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, Niacin Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Ascorbic Acid (source of Vitamin C), Vitamin A Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Biotin, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin Supplement, Folic Acid, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex (source of Vitamin K), Vitamin D3 Supplement), Magnesium Oxide, L-Arginine, L-Threonine, Taurine, Monosodium Phosphate, minerals (Zinc Oxide, Ferrous Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Manganous Oxide, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite), L-Tryptophan, L-Carnitine, Calcium Carbonate, Beta-Carotene.
Balanced nutrition that exceeds AAFCO nutrition standards.
145 kcal / 5.5 oz (156 g) can, 330 kcals / 12.5oz (354 g) can
Nutrient Dry Matter1
Protein 16.0 Fat 24.0 Crude Fiber 3.3 Carbohydrate / NFE 52.6 Calcium 0.79 Phosphorous 0.27 Sodium 0.16 Potassium 0.98 Magnesium 0.140 Total Omega-3 FA 1.35
1The nutrient in the product after moisture is removed. It is used to make direct comparisons of nutrient profiles with differing moisture contents.