Roll over image to zoom in
Hill's® Prescription Diet® k/d® Canine Beef & Vegetable Stew
100% satisfaction guarantee or your money back. If you are not satisfied for any reason, return the unused portion to your Hill's authorized retailer for a full refund or replacement.
The kidneys filter waste and toxins from the blood and maintain the normal balance of fluid and minerals within the body. As pets age, damage to kidney tissues may occur. This process is irreversible and leads to loss of kidney function. Dogs with decreased kidney function may experience loss of appetite and their food intake might decline, which may lead to loss of muscle mass.
Hill's nutritionists and veterinarians developed Prescription Diet® k/d® clinical nutrition to support your dog's kidney function and help sustain muscle mass. In fact, the nutrition of k/d is clinically tested nutrition to improve & lengthen quality of life.
How it works:
- Controlled phosphorus & low sodium
- High level of essential amino acids - The building blocks of muscle protein
- Therapeutic levels of L-Carnitine and Omega-3 fatty acids
How it helps:
- Protects vital kidney & heart function
- Boosts vitality & energy
- Supports your dog's natural ability to build lean muscle daily
- S+OXSHIELDTM: Formulated to promote a urinary environment that reduces the risk of developing struvite & calcium oxalate crystals
Hill's® Prescription Diet® k/d® Canine is a complete and balanced food that provides all the nutrition your dog needs. Please consult your veterinarian for further information on how our Prescription Diet foods can help your dog to continue to enjoy a happy and active life.
Proud to have helped
11 million shelter pets
find a forever home & counting
INGREDIENTS: Water, Beef, Carrots, Rice, Chicken Fat, Pork Liver, Rice Starch, Dextrose, Green Peas, Sugar, Egg Whites, Chicken Liver Flavor, Powdered Cellulose, Fish Oil, Dried Beet Pulp, Flaxseed, Potassium Alginate, Caramel color, Calcium Lactate, Calcium Gluconate, Natural Flavor, Potassium Citrate, Brewers Dried Yeast, Choline Chloride, Guar Gum, Soybean Oil, L-Lysine, Calcium Chloride, Dicalcium Phosphate, vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, Niacin Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Ascorbic Acid (source of Vitamin C), Vitamin A Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Biotin, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin Supplement, Folic Acid, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex (source of Vitamin K), Vitamin D3 Supplement), Magnesium Oxide, L-Arginine, L-Threonine, Taurine, Monosodium Phosphate, minerals (Zinc Oxide, Ferrous Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Manganous Oxide, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite), L-Tryptophan, L-Carnitine, Calcium Carbonate, Beta-Carotene.
Using 12.5 oz (354 g) can
|Weight of Dog - lb (kg)||Amount per Day|
|5 lb (2,3 kg)||5/8 Can|
|10 lb (4,5 kg)||1 Can|
|15 lb (6,8 kg)||1 1/2 Cans|
|20 lb (9,1 kg)||1 3/4 Cans|
|30 lb (14 kg)||2 1/3 Cans|
|40 lb (18 kg)||3 Cans|
|50 lb (23 kg)||3 1/2 Cans|
|60 lb (27 kg)||4 Cans|
|70 lb (32 kg)||4 1/2 Cans|
|80 lb (36 kg)||5 Cans|
|100 lb (45 kg)||6 Cans|
|120 lb (54 kg)||6 3/4 Cans|
Using 5.5 oz (156 g) can
|Weight of Dog - lb (kg)||Amount per Day|
|5 lb (2,3 kg)||1 1/2 Cans|
|10 lb (4,5 kg)||2 1/3 Cans|
|15 lb (6,8 kg)||3 1/4 Cans|
|20 lb (9,1 kg)||4 Cans|
|30 lb (14 kg)||5 1/2 Cans|
|40 lb (18 kg)||6 3/4 Cans|
|50 lb (23 kg)||8 Cans|
|60 lb (27 kg)||9 1/4 Cans|
|70 lb (32 kg)||10 1/3 Cans|
|80 lb (36 kg)||11 1/2 Cans|
|100 lb (45 kg)||13 1/2 Cans|
|120 lb (54 kg)||15 1/2 Cans|
Animal feeding tests using AAFCO procedures substantiate that Hill's® Prescription Diet® k/d® Canine Beef & Vegetable Stew provides complete and balanced nutrition for maintenance of adult dogs.
Adjust feeding amounts as necessary to maintain optimal weight. If you are unsure, ask your veterinarian.
For best results & safety practices:
- Cover and refrigerate unused portion.
- Reinforce with clients to feed Prescription Diet dry food, canned food, & treats exclusively.
- Gradually transition to the new food over a 7 day period.
- Avoid transitioning to the new food during periods of illness or hospitalization. A food aversion may develop, causing decreased acceptance of the food when the pet is feeling better.
- To increase compliance with the nutrition: Offer different varieties of flavors & textures from Hill’s® Prescription Diet® k/d® such as Hill’s® Prescription Diet® k/d® stews or Hill’s® Prescription Diet® k/d® dry food.
145 kcal / 5.5 oz (156 g) can, 330 kcal / 12.5oz (354 g) can
|Carbohydrate / NFE||52.6|
|Vitamin C||136 ppm|
|Vitamin E||656 IU/kg|
|Total Omega-3 FA||1.35|
|Total Omega-6 FA||3.72|
1The nutrient in the product after moisture is removed. It is used to make direct comparisons of nutrient profiles with differing moisture contents.