Roll over image to zoom in
For the nutritional support of senior dogs.
The food your dog eats plays an important role in his or her overall health and well-being. As dogs age, they require different levels of nutrients to reduce excesses that could be harmful to their system. Factors such as age or weight may affect heart function leading to lifestyle and mood changes. Kidneys remove waste substances from the blood and maintain the normal balance of fluid and minerals within the body. Once kidney damage occurs, the consequences are usually irreversible.
Hill's nutritionists and veterinarians developed nutrition to support your older dogs kidneys and heart for overall health. Hill's® Prescription Diet® g/d® Canine is a complete and balanced food that provides all the nutrition dogs need.
How it works:
- Low sodium
- Targeted levels of high quality protein
- Enriched with omega-3 fatty acids
- Controlled calories
- Clinically proven antioxidants
How it helps:
- Helps maintain normal blood pressure
- Helps minimize fluid retention
- Supports a healthy immune system
- S+OXSHIELDTM: Formulated to promote a urinary environment that reduces the risk of developing struvite & calcium oxalate crystals
Please consult your veterinarian for further information on how our Prescription Diet® foods can help your dog to continue to enjoy a happy and active life.
Made in the USA
with global ingredients you can trust
Proud to have helped
11 million shelter pets
find a forever home & counting
INGREDIENTS: Brewers Rice, Chicken By-Product Meal, Whole Grain Corn, Egg Product, Pork Fat, Flaxseed, Soybean Oil, Lactic Acid, Chicken Liver Flavor, Potassium Chloride, Pork Protein Isolate, Calcium Carbonate, Choline Chloride, Iodized Salt, vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, Niacin Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Vitamin A Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Biotin, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin Supplement, Folic Acid, Vitamin D3 Supplement), Taurine, minerals (Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Manganous Oxide, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite), Mixed Tocopherols for freshness, Natural Flavors.
|Weight of dog||Amount per day|
|5 lb (2,3 kg)||5/8 cup (60 g)|
|10 lb (4,5 kg)||1 cup (100 g)|
|15 lb (6,8 kg)||1 1/3 cups (130 g)|
|20 lb (9,1 kg)||1 2/3 cups (165 g)|
|30 lb (14 kg)||2 1/4 cups (225 g)|
|40 lb (18 kg)||2 3/4 cups (270 g)|
|50 lb (23 kg)||3 1/4 cups (320 g)|
|60 lb (27 kg)||3 3/4 cups (370 g)|
|70 lb (32 kg)||4 1/4 cups (420 g)|
|80 lb (36 kg)||4 2/3 cups (460 g)|
|100 lb (45 kg)||5 1/2 cups (545 g)|
Adjust feeding amounts as necessary to maintain optimal weight. If you are unsure, ask your veterinarian.
For best results & safety practices:
- Gradually transition to your pet's new food over a 7 day period.
- Exclusively feed the recommended Prescription Diet dry food, canned food & treats.
- Keep fresh water available at all times.
- Have your veterinarian monitor your pet's condition.
- To prevent suffocation, keep the packaging out of the reach of pets and children.
3634 kcal/kg (361 kcal/cup†)
|Carbohydrate / NFE||65.3|
|Vitamin E||261 IU/kg|
|Total Omega-3 FA||0.83|
1The nutrient in the product after moisture is removed. It is used to make direct comparisons of nutrient profiles with differing moisture contents.