Roll over image to zoom in
Hill's Prescription Diet
y/d Original Dry Cat Food
Support for your cat's overactive thyroid
100% satisfaction guarantee or your money back. If you are not satisfied for any reason, return the unused portion to your Hill's authorized retailer for a full refund or replacement.
Hill's Prescription Diet y/d Dry Cat Food is an easy and convenient way to manage a cat's overactive thyroid and the only clinically proven nutrition to decrease thyroid hormone production in 3 weeks when fed as the sole source of nutrition. Ideal for long-term feeding. Dry and canned formulas can be mixed or fed concurrently.
How it helps:
- Decreases thyroid hormone (T4) production in 3 weeks
- Supports kidney, heart & urinary health
- Visible improvement in skin & coat
- Helps maintain lean muscle mass
- S+OXSHIELD: Formulated to promote a urinary environment that reduces the risk of developing struvite & calcium oxalate crystals
How it works:
- Limited iodine
- Controlled phosphorus and low sodium and enriched with omega-3 fatty acids
- Omega-6 fatty acids to promote a healthy skin & coat
- High levels of L-carnitine to support a healthy body condition
Please consult your veterinarian for further information on how our Prescription Diet foods can help your cat to continue to enjoy a happy and active life.
Proud to have helped
11 million shelter pets
find a forever home & counting
INGREDIENTS: Corn Gluten Meal, Pork Fat, Whole Grain Corn, Soybean Mill Run, Egg Product, Chicken Liver Flavor, L-Lysine, Potassium Citrate, Lactic Acid, Dicalcium Phosphate, Fish Oil, Choline Chloride, Calcium Carbonate, Calcium Sulfate, DL-Methionine, Taurine, L-Tryptophan, Brewers Dried Yeast, vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (source of Vitamin C), Niacin Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin A Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Folic Acid, Biotin, Vitamin D3 Supplement), minerals (Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate), L-Carnitine, Mixed Tocopherols for freshness, Natural Flavors, Beta-Carotene
IMPORTANT: Because iodine intake from other food sources -- treats, other pets food, flavored medicines, etc. -- can compromise the effectiveness of low-iodine nutrition, it is critical that you follow your veterinarian's feeding instructions carefully and feed only Prescription Diet y/d.
Ask your veterinarian for specific feeding instructions for your pet. Daily Feeding Recommendations are only a guide and a place to start. Grams are the most accurate form of measurement; cups are estimated from grams.
For best results:
– Gradually transition to this new food for 7 days or more.
– Exclusively feed the recommended Prescription Diet dry and wet foods.
– Keep fresh water available at all times.
– Have your veterinarian monitor your pet's condition.
– To prevent suffocation, keep the packaging out of the reach of pets & children.
|Weight of Cat||Amount per Day|
|6 lb (2,7 kg)||1/3 cup (40 g)|
|8 lb (3,6 kg)||3/8 cup (45 g)|
|10 lb (4,5 kg)||1/2 cup (65 g)|
|12 lb (5,4 kg)||5/8 cup (80 g)|
|14 lb (6,4 kg)||2/3 cup (85 g)|
|16 lb (7,3 kg)||3/4 cup (95 g)|
|18 lb (8,2 kg)||3/4 cup (95 g)|
Animal feeding tests using AAFCO procedures substantiate that Hill's® Prescription Diet® y/d™ Feline Thyroid Health provides complete and balanced nutrition for maintenance of adult cats
4147 kcal/kg (517 kcal/cup†)
|Carbohydrate / NFE||28.5 %|
|Crude Fiber||3.1 %|
1The nutrient in the product after moisture is removed. It is used to make direct comparisons of nutrient profiles with differing moisture contents.
†An eight fluid oz. measuring cup of y/d Original Dry Cat Food contains 4.4 oz. by weight.