Roll over image to zoom in
Hill's Prescription Diet
y/d Chicken Flavor Dry Cat Food
Support for your cat's overactive thyroid
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
At Hill’s, we’re dedicated to making foods your pet will love. If you’re not satisfied for any reason with a product purchased from one of our authorized sellers, simply return the unused portion to the place of purchase for your money back or a replacement product. Additional terms may apply. Please click here for full details.
Hill's Prescription Diet y/d Dry Cat Food is an easy and convenient way to manage a cat's overactive thyroid and the only clinically proven nutrition to decrease thyroid hormone production in 3 weeks when fed as the sole source of nutrition. For best results, consistent and exclusive long-term feeding of this product is critical for efficacy of the product's benefits.
This dry food has a great chicken flavor your cat will love. Dry and canned formulas can be mixed or fed concurrently.
How it helps:
- Nutrition shown to decrease thyroid hormone (T4) production in 3 weeks
- Supports kidney, heart & urinary health
- Helps maintain lean muscle mass
- Visible improvement in skin & coat
- S+OXSHIELD: Formulated to promote a urinary environment that reduces the risk of developing struvite & calcium oxalate crystals
How it works:
- Limited iodine
- Controlled phosphorus and reduced sodium with omega-3 fatty acids from fish oil
- High levels of L-carnitine to support a healthy body condition
- Omega-6 fatty acids to promote a healthy skin & coat
Please consult your veterinarian for further information on how our Prescription Diet foods can help your cat to continue to enjoy a happy and active life.
INGREDIENTS: Corn Gluten Meal, Whole Grain Corn, Chicken Fat, Powdered Cellulose, Egg Product, Chicken Liver Flavor, L-Lysine, Potassium Citrate, Dicalcium Phosphate, Lactic Acid, Fish Oil, Calcium Sulfate, Choline Chloride, Calcium Carbonate, DL-Methionine, Taurine,L-Tryptophan, Brewers Dried Yeast, vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (source of Vitamin C), Niacin Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin A Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Folic Acid, Biotin, Vitamin D3 Supplement), L-Arginine, minerals (Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate), L-Carnitine, Mixed Tocopherols for freshness, Natural Flavors, Beta-Carotene.
IMPORTANT: Because iodine intake from other food sources -- treats, another pets food, flavored medicines, etc. -- can compromise the effectiveness of low-iodine nutrition, it is critical that you follow your veterinarian's feeding instructions carefully and feed only Prescription Diet y/d.
Ask your veterinarian for specific feeding instructions for your pet. Daily Feeding Recommendations are only a guide and a place to start. Grams are the most accurate form of measurement; cups are estimated from grams.
For best results:
- Gradually transition to this new food for 7 days or more
- Exclusively feed the recommended Prescription Diet dry and wet foods
- Keep fresh water available at all times
- Have your veterinarian monitor your pet's condition
- To prevent suffocation, keep the packaging out of the reach of pets & children
|Weight of Cat - lbs (kgs)||Amount per Day - cups (grams)|
|6 (2,7)||3/8 (45)|
|8 (3,6)||1/2 (65)|
|10 (4,5)||1/2 (65)|
|12 (5,4)||5/8 (80)|
|14 (6,4)||2/3 (85)|
|16 (7,3)||3/4 (95)|
|18 (8,2)||3/4 (95)|
Animal feeding tests using AAFCO procedures substantiate that Hill's Prescription Diet y/d Chicken Flavor Cat Food provides complete and balanced nutrition for maintenance of adult cats
4005 kcal/kg (500 kcal/cup†)
|Carbohydrate / NFE||32.3 %|
|Crude Fiber||3.8 %|
1The nutrient in the product after moisture is removed. It is used to make direct comparisons of nutrient profiles with differing moisture contents.
†An eight fluid oz. measuring cup of y/d Chicken Flavor Dry Cat Food contains 4.4 oz. by weight.