Just like the human epidemic, almost 50% of the pet population is overweight. Even a little extra weight can lead to serious health problems. The pets quality of life and relationship with family is also impacted because that extra weight can reduce play time, impact mobility and affect the lifelong general health of your cat.
Hill's nutritionists & veterinarians developed Prescription Diet® Metabolic clinical nutrition specially formulated to manage your cat's weight. In fact, 88% of pets lost weight at home in 2 months when fed the nutrition of Metabolic.
How it works:
- A synergistic blend of ingredients
- Unique fiber blend from fruits and vegetables
- Powerful antioxidants
How it helps:
- Naturally works with your pet's unique metabolism
- Helps avoid weight regain after weight loss
- Helps your pet feel full & satisfied between meals
- Supports vitality & holistic health
- S+OXSHIELDTM: Formulated to promote a urinary environment that reduces the risk of developing struvite & calcium oxalate crystals
Hill's® Prescription Diet® Metabolic Feline provides all the nutrition your cat needs during weight loss and maintenance. Please consult your veterinarian for further information on how our Prescription Diet® and Science Diet® foods can help your cat to continue to enjoy a happy and active lifemaintain happiness and a healthy weight for life.
Proud to have helped
11 million shelter pets
find a forever home & counting
INGREDIENTS: Water, Pork Liver, Pork By-Products, Corn Flour, Powdered Cellulose, Chicken, Corn Starch, Flaxseed, Dried Tomato Pomace, Corn Gluten Meal, Natural Flavor, Coconut Oil, Dicalcium Phosphate, Guar Gum, Calcium Carbonate, Carrots, Fish Oil, Calcium Sulfate, Choline Chloride, Potassium Chloride, vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Niacin Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement, Biotin, Folic Acid, Vitamin D3 Supplement), Calcium Chloride, Iodized Salt, Taurine, L-Carnitine, minerals (Zinc Oxide, Ferrous Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Calcium Iodate), Beta-Carotene.
|Ideal weight of cat - lbs (kgs)||Amount per day - 5.5 oz (156 g) cans - weight loss||Amount per day - 5.5 oz (156 g) cans - adult maintenance|
|6 (2,7)||3/4||1 1/3|
|8 (3,6)||1||1 2/3|
|10 (4,5)||1 1/4||2|
|12 (5,4)||1 1/2||2 1/4|
|14 (6,4)||1 2/3||2 1/2|
|16 (7,3)||1 3/4||2 3/4|
Animal feeding tests using AAFCO procedures substantiate that Hill's® Prescription Diet® Metabolic Feline provides complete and balanced nutrition for maintenance of adult cats
Adjust feeding amounts as necessary to maintain optimal weight. If you are unsure, ask your veterinarian.
For best results & safety practices:
- Cover and refrigerate unused portion.
- Gradually transition to your pet's new food over a 7 day period.
- Exclusively feed the recommended Prescription Diet dry food, canned food and treats.
- Keep fresh water available at all times.
- Have your veterinarian monitor your pet's condition.
136 kcal / 5.5 oz (156 g) can
|Carbohydrate / NFE||30.7|
|Vitamin A||214783 IU/kg|
|Vitamin C||199 ppm|
|Vitamin D||1104 IU/kg|
|Vitamin E||1062 IU/kg|
|Total Omega-3 FA||1.18|
|Total Omega-6 FA||2.23|
1The nutrient in the product after moisture is removed. It is used to make direct comparisons of nutrient profiles with differing moisture contents.