Roll over image to zoom in
Hill's Prescription Diet k/d Feline with Ocean Fish
Therapeutic cat food for kidney care
OR YOUR MONEY BACK
If you are unsatisfied for any reason, return the unused portion to the place of purchase for a full refund or replacement
The kidneys filter waste and toxins from the blood and maintain the normal balance of fluid and minerals within the body. As pets age, damage to kidney tissues may occur. This process is irreversible and leads to loss of kidney function. Cats with decreased kidney function may experience loss of appetite and their food intake might decline, which may lead to loss of muscle mass.
Hill's nutritionists and veterinarians developed Prescription Diet® k/d® clinical nutrition to support your cat's kidney function and help sustain muscle mass. In fact, the nutrition of k/d is clinically tested nutrition to improve & lengthen quality of life.
How it works:
- Controlled phosphorus & low sodium
- Enhanced Appetite Trigger (E.A.T.)TM Technology for cats
- High level of essential amino acids - the building blocks of muscle protein
- Therapeutic levels of L-Carnitine and Omega-3 fatty acids
How it helps:
- Protects vital kidney & heart function
- Supports the cat's natural ability to build muscle mass daily
- Stimulates appetite & increases caloric intake
- S+OXSHIELDTM: Formulated to promote a urinary environment that reduces the risk of developing struvite & calcium oxalate crystals
Hill's® Prescription Diet® k/d® Feline is a complete and balanced food that provides all the nutrition your cat needs. Please consult your veterinarian for further information on how our Prescription Diet foods can help your cat to continue to enjoy a happy and active life.
Made in the USA
with global ingredients you can trust
Proud to have helped
11 million shelter pets
find a forever home & counting
INGREDIENTS: Brown Rice, Corn Gluten Meal, Pork Fat, Ocean Fish, Cracked Pearled Barley, Whole Grain Wheat, Brewers Rice, Wheat Gluten, Chicken Liver Flavor, Egg Product, Soybean Oil, Pea Protein, Chicken Meal, Dried Beet Pulp, Fish Oil, Lactic Acid, Potassium Citrate, Calcium Sulfate, L-Lysine, L-Arginine, Choline Chloride, Calcium Carbonate, vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, Niacin Supplement, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (source of Vitamin C), Thiamine Mononitrate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Calcium Pantothenate, Riboflavin Supplement, Biotin, Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Folic Acid, Vitamin D3 Supplement), L-Threonine, Taurine, Iodized Salt, DL-Methionine, Potassium Chloride, L-Carnitine, minerals (Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Manganous Oxide, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite), L-Tryptophan, Mixed Tocopherols for freshness, Natural Flavors, Beta-Carotene.
|Weight of cat - lb (kg)||Amount per day (cups/grams)|
|6 lb (2,7 kg)||3/8 cup (40 g)|
|8 lb (3,6 kg)||1/2 cup (55 g)|
|10 lb (4,5 kg)||5/8 cup (65 g)|
|12 lb (5,4 kg)||2/3 cup (70 g)|
|14 lb (6,4 kg)||3/4 cup (80 g)|
|16 lb (7,3 kg)||7/8 cup (90 g)|
|18 lb (8,2 kg)||7/8 cup (90 g)|
Animal feeding tests using AAFCO procedures substantiate that Hill's Prescription Diet k/d Feline with Ocean Fish provides complete and balanced nutrition for maintenance of adult cats
Adjust feeding amounts as necessary to maintain optimal weight. If you are unsure, ask your veterinarian.
For best results & safety practices:
- Gradually transition your pet's new food over at least a 7 day period
- Exclusively feed the recommended Prescription Diet dry food, canned food & treats.
- Keep fresh water available at all times.
- Have your veterinarian monitor your pet's condition.
- To prevent suffocation, keep the packaging out of the reach of pets and children.
4235 kcal/kg (444 kcal/cup†)
|Carbohydrate / NFE||40.6|
|Vitamin C||136 ppm|
|Vitamin E||823 IU/kg|
|Total Omega-3 FA||1.10|
|Total Omega-6 FA||4.84|
1The nutrient in the product after moisture is removed. It is used to make direct comparisons of nutrient profiles with differing moisture contents.
†An eight fluid oz. measuring cup of Hill's Prescription Diet k/d Feline with Ocean Fish contains 3.7 oz. by weight.