Roll over image to zoom in
Hill's® Prescription Diet® k/d® Early Support Feline Chicken Dry Food
Therapeutic cat food for early kidney support
OR YOUR MONEY BACK
If you are unsatisfied for any reason, return the unused portion to the place of purchase for a full refund or replacement
One out of 3 cats may develop kidney disease in their lifetime. This disease can be difficult to spot in cats, as signs may not be visible until 75% of kidney function is lost. However, the SDMA™ test can detect kidney disease months and even years earlier, when as little as 25% of kidney function is lost.
Kidney disease is more common in advanced age, but with early detection & intervention, kidney disease can be stabilized. If your cat's age is advanced, ask your veterinarian about the SDMA™ test for early detection of kidney disease. Feeding the right nutrition early in the disease can help transform the lives of cats with kidney disease.
Hill's® Prescription Diet® k/d® Early Support is a food specifically designed to meet the needs of cats with early kidney disease. The nutrition of k/d® Early Support has been clinically shown to sustain kidney function and healthy body condition in cats with kidney disease.
†SDMA trademark is owned by IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. Used by permission
How it works:
- Controlled phosphorus & sodium to protect kidney function
- High-quality protein providing 160% of daily essential amino acid requirements
- High protein digestibility (greater than 90%)
- Antioxidants to help defend cells from free radical oxidation, promoting a healthy immune system
- Omega-3 fatty acids from fish oil to help fight inflammation
- High level of L-carnitine to support muscle
- With S+OXSHIELDTM - Formulated to promote a urinary environment that reduces the risk of developing struvite and calcium oxalate crystals
How it helps:
The nutrition of PRESCRIPTION DIET® k/d® Early Support is clinically shown to sustain kidney function and healthy body condition in cats with early kidney disease. In addition, the product is formulated to help maintain muscle mass and to promote a urinary environment that reduces the risk of developing struvite and calcium oxalate crystals.
Hill's® Prescription Diet® k/d® Early Support for cats is a complete and balanced kidney care food that provides all the nutrition your cat needs. Please consult your veterinarian for further information on how our Prescription Diet foods can help your cat to continue to enjoy a happy and active life.
IMPORTANT: To maximize your cat's acceptance of the new food, GRADUALLY transition to the new food over a 3-4 week period.
If you notice a change in your cat's condition, consult with your veterinarian immediately. A transition to an advanced kidney care food, such as PRESCRIPTION DIET® k/d® may be necessary.
If your cat is also suffering from reduced mobility and/or cognitive decline, ask your veterinarian about PRESCRIPTION DIET® k/d®+ Mobility.
Cats diagnosed with early kidney disease.
Not recommended for:
Growing kittens, pregnant or nursing cats.
Made in the USA
with global ingredients you can trust
Proud to have helped
11 million shelter pets
find a forever home & counting
INGREDIENTS: Chicken, Brewers Rice, Whole Grain Wheat, Corn Gluten Meal, Chicken Fat, Wheat Gluten, Flaxseed, Chicken Liver Flavor, Dried Beet Pulp, Soybean Oil, Fish Oil, Lactic Acid, DL-Methionine, Calcium Carbonate, Potassium Citrate, L-Arginine, Choline Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Taurine, vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (source of Vitamin C), Niacin Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Calcium Pantothenate, Riboflavin Supplement, Vitamin A Supplement, Biotin, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Folic Acid, Vitamin D3 Supplement), L-Lysine, L-Threonine, Iodized Salt, minerals (Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Manganous Oxide, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite), L-Carnitine, Calcium Sulfate, Mixed Tocopherols for freshness, Natural Flavors, Beta-Carotene.
|Weight of Cat - lbs (kgs)||Amount per Day - (cups/grams)|
|6 (2,7)||1/3 (45)|
|8 (3,6)||3/8 (50)|
|10 (4,5)||1/2 (65)|
|12 (5,4)||1/2 (65)|
|14 (6,4)||5/8 (80)|
|16 (7,3)||2/3 (85)|
|18 (8,2)||3/4 (95)|
Adjust feeding amounts as necessary to maintain optimal weight. If you are unsure, ask your veterinarian.
For best results & safety practices:
- Gradually transition to your cat's new food over a 3-4 week period.
- Sticking with the food your veterinarian recommends is critical to successful treatment. Do not feed other foods as they may contain high levels of phosphorus which can cause further damage to the kidneys.
- Make sure fresh water is always available and feed more wet food if possible (hydration is important for cats with kidney disease).
- Bring your pet in for regular checkups.
- To prevent suffocation, keep the packaging out of the reach of pets and children.
4203 kcal/kg (536 kcal/cup†)
|Carbohydrate / NFE||38.4|
|Vitamin C||137 ppm|
|Vitamin E||1123 IU/kg|
|Total Omega-3 FA||1.62|
|Total Omega-6 FA||4.70|
1The nutrient in the product after moisture is removed. It is used to make direct comparisons of nutrient profiles with differing moisture contents.