Roll over image to zoom in
The heart is the most important organ in your pet's body, and factors such as age or weight may affect its function. Poor heart health can affect your dog's life style and happiness.
Because the food your dog eats plays an important role in his or her overall health and well-being, Hill's, nutritionists and veterinarians developed clinical nutrition to support your dog's heart health.
Hill's® Prescription Diet® h/d® Canine is a complete and balanced food that provides all the nutrition your dog needs.
How it works:
- Low sodium
- High levels of L-carnitine & Taurine
- Appropriate levels of protein & phosphorus
- Clinically proven antioxidants
How it helps:
- Helps maintain normal blood pressure
- Helps minimize fluid retention
- Helps replenish lost nutrients for dogs receiving diuretics
- Protects vital kidney function
- Supports a healthy immune system
Please consult your veterinarian for further information on how our Prescription Diet® foods can help your dog to continue to enjoy a happy and active life.
Made in the USA
with global ingredients you can trust
Proud to have helped
11 million shelter pets
find a forever home & counting
INGREDIENTS: Water, Chicken, Pork Liver, Whole Grain Corn, Rice, Chicken Fat, Sugar, Chicken Liver Flavor, Fish Oil, Potassium Citrate, L-Lysine, Calcium Carbonate, vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, Ascorbic Acid (source of Vitamin C), Thiamine Mononitrate, Niacin Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Biotin, Riboflavin Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Folic Acid), Choline Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Magnesium Oxide, Taurine, L-Tryptophan, minerals (Zinc Oxide, Ferrous Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Calcium Iodate), L-Carnitine, Beta-Carotene.
Adult maintenance - using 13 oz (370 g) can
|Weight of Dog - lb (kg)||Amount per Day|
|5 lb (2,3 kg)||3/8 can|
|10 lb (4,5 kg)||3/4 can|
|15 lb (6,8 kg)||1 can|
|20 lb (9,1 kg)||1 1/4 cans|
|30 lb (14 kg)||1 2/3 cans|
|40 lb (18 kg)||2 cans|
|50 lb (23 kg)||2 1/3 cans|
|60 lb (27 kg)||2 3/4 cans|
|70 lb (32 kg)||3 cans|
|80 lb (36 kg)||3 1/2 cans|
|100 lb (45 kg)||4 cans|
|120 lb (54 kg)||4 2/3 cans|
Adjust feeding amounts as necessary to maintain optimal weight. If you are unsure, ask your veterinarian.
For best results & safety practices:
- Cover and refrigerate unused portion.
- Gradually transition to your pet's new food over a 7 day period.
- Exclusively feed the recommended Prescription Diet dry food, canned food & treats.
- Keep fresh water available at all times.
- Have your veterinarian monitor your pet's condition.
482 kcal / 13 oz (370 g) can
|Carbohydrate / NFE||51.2|
|Vitamin C||101 ppm|
|Vitamin E||804 IU/kg|
1The nutrient in the product after moisture is removed. It is used to make direct comparisons of nutrient profiles with differing moisture contents.