Refine Your Search
for more images
Hill's® Prescription Diet®
w/d® Canine Low Fat-Glucose Management-Gastrointestinal with Chicken
Weight control, glucose management, and digestive support for dogs prone to excess weight gain
Some dogs can be more prone to gain weight than others. Weight problems can be successfully managed through changes in your dog's food.
At Hill's, nutritionists and veterinarians have developed clinical nutrition especially formulated to provide complete and balanced nutrition to manage dogs prone to weight gain. Prescription Diet® w/d® with Chicken also helps dogs maintain normal blood glucose levels and promotes healthy digestion.
- Clinically proven to help dogs maintain a healthy weight
- High levels of carnitine to increase energy metabolism and burn fat while increasing lean muscle mass
- Moderately high fiber levels provide a feeling of fullness
- Helps stabilize and minimize fluctuation of blood glucose levels in dogs requiring glucose management
- Added antioxidants to control cell oxidation and promote a healthy immune system
Hill's® Prescription Diet® w/d® with Chicken Canine is a complete and balanced food that provides all the nutrition your dog needs. Please consult your veterinarian for further information on how our Prescription Diet® foods can help your dog to continue to enjoy a happy and active life.
Daily Feeding Guide:
Important Feeding Information
- These amounts are a starting point only. Your dog may need less or more food to maintain proper weight. Adjust as needed. If you are unsure, ask your veterinarian.
- With your veterinarian's approval, mix increasing amounts of your dog's new food with decreasing amounts of the old food over a 7-day period.
- Prescription Diet® formulas are available in a wide variety of dry foods and treats for your dog's unique needs and canned foods with delicious flavors your dog will love. Supplementation with other foods or treats is unnecessary and may decrease the effectiveness of the food. When using with canned food and treats, decrease the amount of dry food to avoid overfeeding.
- Keep fresh water available at all times!
- For best results, have your veterinarian monitor your dog's condition.
- To prevent suffocation, keep this plastic bag out of the reach of pets and children.
Weight of Dog
|Obese Prone||Weight Control|
|5 lb (2,3 kg)||3/4 cup (60 g)||7/8 cup (70 g)|
|10 lb (4,5 kg)||1 1/4 cups (105 g)||1 1/2 cups (125 g)|
|15 lb (6,8 kg)||1 3/4 cups (145 g)||2 cups (165 g)|
|20 lb (9,1 kg)||2 1/4 cups (185 g)||2 1/2 cups (205 g)|
|30 lb (14 kg)||3 cups (245 g)||3 1/3 cups (275 g)|
|40 lb (18 kg)||3 2/3 cups (300 g)||4 cups (330 g)|
|50 lb (23 kg)||4 1/4 cups (350 g)||4 3/4 cups (390 g)|
|60 lb (27 kg)||5 cups (410 g)||5 2/3 cups (465 g)|
|70 lb (32 kg)||5 1/2 cups (450 g)||6 1/4 cups (515 g)|
|80 lb (36 kg)||6 cups (490 g)||7 cups (575 g)|
|100 lb (45 kg)||7 1/4 cups (595 g)||8 1/4 cups (675 g)|
Animal feeding tests using AAFCO procedures substantiate that Prescription Diet® w/d® Canine Low Fat-Glucose Management-Gastrointestinal with Chicken provides complete and balanced nutrition for maintenance of adult dogs.
Average Nutrient and Caloric Content
Dry 2928 kcal/kg (241 kcal/cup†)
|Vitamin C||284 mg/kg|
|Vitamin E||748 IU/kg|
References1The nutrient in the product after moisture is removed. It is used to make direct comparisons of nutrient profiles of products with differing moisture contents.
†An eight fluid oz. measuring cup of w/d® Canine Low Fat-Glucose Management-Gastrointestinal with Chicken contains 2.9 oz. by weight.
Whole Grain Corn, Powdered Cellulose, Corn Gluten Meal, Chicken Liver Flavor, Chicken By-Product Meal, Soybean Mill Run, Chicken, Dried Beet Pulp, Soybean Oil, Lactic Acid, Caramel color, Calcium Sulfate, Potassium Chloride, Flaxseed, L-Lysine, Choline Chloride, vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (source of vitamin C) , Niacin Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Vitamin A Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Biotin, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin Supplement, Folic Acid, Vitamin D3 Supplement), Calcium Carbonate, Taurine, minerals (Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Manganous Oxide, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite), L-Tryptophan, L-Carnitine, Iodized Salt, Mixed Tocopherols for freshness, L-Threonine, Beta-Carotene, Phosphoric Acid, Natural Flavors.