Roll over image to zoom in
Hill's® Prescription Diet® k/d® Early Support Feline Chicken, Vegetable & Rice Stew
Cats therapeutic food for early kidney support
100% satisfaction guarantee or your money back. If you are not satisfied for any reason, return the unused portion to your Hill's authorized retailer for a full refund or replacement.
One out of 3 cats may develop kidney disease in their lifetime. This disease can be difficult to spot in cats, as signs may not be visible until 75% of kidney function is lost. However, the SDMA™ test can detect kidney disease months and even years earlier, when as little as 25% of kidney function is lost.
Kidney disease is more common in advanced age, but with early detection & intervention, kidney disease can be stabilized. If your cat's age is advanced, ask your veterinarian about the SDMA™ test for early detection of kidney disease. Feeding the right nutrition early in the disease can help transform the lives of cats with kidney disease.
Hill's® Prescription Diet® k/d® Early Support is a food specifically designed to meet the needs of cats with early kidney disease. The nutrition of k/d® Early Support has been clinically shown to sustain kidney function and healthy body condition in cats with kidney disease.
†SDMA trademark is owned by IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. Used by permission
How it helps:
The nutrition of PRESCRIPTION DIET® k/d® Early Support is clinically shown to sustain kidney function and healthy body condition in cats with early kidney disease. In addition, the product is formulated to help maintain muscle mass and promote a urinary environment that reduces the risk of developing struvite and calcium oxalate crystals.
How it works:
- Controlled phosphorus & sodium to protect kidney function
- High-quality protein providing 160% of daily essential amino acid requirements
- High protein digestibility (greater than 90%)
- Antioxidants to help defend cells from free radical oxidation, promoting a healthy immune system
- Omega-3 fatty acids from fish oil to help fight inflammation
- High level of L-carnitine to support muscle
- S+OXSHIELD - Formulated to promote a urinary environment that reduces the risk of developing struvite and calcium oxalate crystals
If you notice a change in your cat's condition, consult with your veterinarian immediately. A transition to an advanced kidney care food, such as PRESCRIPTION DIET® k/d® may be necessary.
If your cat is also suffering from reduced mobility and/or cognitive decline, ask your veterinarian about PRESCRIPTION DIET® k/d®+ Mobility.
Hill's® Prescription Diet® k/d® Early Support for cats is a complete and balanced kidney care food that provides all the nutrition your cat needs. Please consult your veterinarian for further information on how our Prescription Diet foods can help your cat to continue to enjoy a happy and active life.
IMPORTANT: To maximize your cat's acceptance of the new food, GRADUALLY transition to the new food over a 3-4 week period.
Cats diagnosed with early kidney disease.
Not recommended for:
Growing kittens, pregnant or nursing cats.
Proud to have helped
11 million shelter pets
find a forever home & counting
INGREDIENTS: Water, Chicken, Pork Liver, Carrots, Rice, Rice Starch, Wheat Gluten, Spinach, Chicken Fat, Pea Protein, Chicken Liver Flavor, Fish Oil, Powdered Cellulose, Potassium Alginate, Calcium Lactate, Calcium Gluconate, Natural Flavor, Choline Chloride, Guar Gum, Dicalcium Phosphate, Taurine, L-Lysine, Sodium Tripolyphosphate, Calcium Chloride, vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (source of Vitamin C), Niacin Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Biotin, Riboflavin Supplement, Folic Acid, Vitamin D3 Supplement), Potassium Citrate, L-Arginine, minerals (Zinc Oxide, Ferrous Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Calcium Iodate), L-Carnitine, Calcium Carbonate.
Adjust feeding amounts as necessary to maintain optimal weight. If you are unsure, ask your veterinarian.
For best results & safety practices:
- Cover and refrigerate unused portion.
- Gradually transition to your cat's new food over a minimum of 7 days. Some cats may require up to 3-4 weeks for full acceptance.
- Sticking with the food your veterinarian recommends is critical to successful treatment. Do not feed other foods as they may contain high levels of phosphorus which can cause further damage to the kidneys.
- Make sure fresh water is always available and feed more wet food if possible (hydration is important for cats with kidney disease).
- Bring your pet in for regular checkups.
Using 2.9 oz (82 g) can
|Weight of Cat - lbs (kgs)||Amount per day - 2.9 oz (82 g) cans|
|4 (1,8)||1 1/2|
|6 (2,7)||2 1/2|
|10 (4,5)||3 1/2|
|14 (6,4)||4 1/2|
|16 (7,3)||4 1/2|
Animal feeding tests using AAFCO procedures substantiate that Hill's® Prescription Diet® k/d® Early Support Feline Chicken, Vegetable & Rice Stew provides complete and balanced nutrition for maintenance of adult cats
79 kcal / 2.9 oz (82 g) can
|Carbohydrate / NFE||34.5|
|Vitamin C||166 ppm|
|Vitamin E||688 IU/kg|
|Total Omega-3 FA||1.27|
|Total Omega-6 FA||3.71|
1The nutrient in the product after moisture is removed. It is used to make direct comparisons of nutrient profiles with differing moisture contents.