The Hill's Food, Shelter & Love® program seeks strong partners who believe that superior nutrition can make the difference between shelter animal and family pet.
- Be a registered 501(c)(3) not-for-profit or government organization.
- Have a physical shelter, humane society, or county/city animal control facility in a business district (non-residential) with posted hours of operation for viewing and pet adoption. The facility must be open or staffed on the assigned food delivery day.
- House all pets cared for in a safe, caring, clean and socially enriched environment; organizations must not treat any animals in an abusive or inhumane manner.
- Educate adopters about caring for the pet and responsible pet ownership.
- Sign an agreement to feed and recommend Science Diet® pet food exclusively.
- Give away a Science Diet® adopter kit to every new dog or cat adopter.
- Display in-shelter signage announcing participation in this program and display on the organization website landing page the Hill’s Food, Shelter & Love® logo with an active link to HillsFoodShelterLove.com, and promote that shelter is exclusively feeding and recommending Science Diet® brand pet food.
- Forward adopters’ names and e-mail addresses (with adopters’ permission) to Hill's so the adopter may receive valuable information and money-saving coupons. Names are never shared with anyone outside of Hill’s Pet Nutrition.