Refine Your Search
for closer look
Hill's® Prescription Diet®
s/d® Feline Dissolution
Bladder stones are collections of mineral crystals that combine together in the urinary tract. They can cause discomfort and lead to more serious problems that require the care of a veterinarian.
Because the food your cat eats plays an important role in his or her overall health and well-being, Hill's nutritionists and veterinarians have developed clinical nutrition especially formulated to help support your cat's bladder health.
Cats need the right balance of minerals to maintain good bladder health. Excess minerals can encourage the formation of crystals in the urine, which can lead to the creation of bladder stones.
- Low magnesium to help minimize the build up of this mineral
- High in antioxidants to control cell oxidation and promote a healthy immune system
Bladder Health Warning Signs
- Urinating outside the litter box
- Urinating in new or unusual places
- Frequent attempts to urinate, without producing much urine
- Straining to urinate, or urinating in a tense, hunched posture
- Behavior changes such as restless, listlessness or hiding away
- Refusing to eat
- Increased grooming or licking of the urinary opening
Hill's Prescription Diet® s/d® Feline is is intended for intermittent feeding only and is not recommended for long-term feeding (over 6 months). Please consult your veterinarian for further information on how our Prescription Diet® pet foods can help your cat to continue to enjoy a happy, healthy and active life.
Daily Feeding Guide:
Important Feeding Information
- These amounts are a starting point only. Your cat may need less or more food to maintain proper weight. Adjust as needed. If you are unsure, ask your veterinarian.
- With your veterinarian's approval, mix increasing amounts of your cat's new food with decreasing amounts of the old food over a 7-day period.
- Prescription Diet formulas are available in a wide variety of dry foods and treats for your cat's unique needs, and canned foods with delicious flavors your cat will love. Supplementation with other foods or treats is unnecessary and may decrease the effectiveness of the food. When using with canned food and treats, decrease the amount of dry food to avoid overfeeding.
- Keep fresh water available at all times!
- For best results, have your veterinarian monitor your cat's condition.
|Weight of Cat||Amount per Day|
|6 lb (2,7 kg)||1/4 cup (30 g) - 3/8 cup (45 g)|
|10 lb (4,5 kg)||3/8 cup (45 g) - 5/8 cup (75 g)|
|14 lb (6,4 kg)||1/2 cup (60 g) - 3/4 cup (90 g)|
|18 lb (8,2 kg)||2/3 cup (80 g) - 7/8 cup (105 g)|
Prescription Diet® s/d® Feline Dissolution is intended for intermittent or supplemental feeding only.
Average Nutrient and Caloric Content
Dry 4292 kcal/kg (521 kcal per cup†)
|Vitamin E||938 IU/kg|
References1The nutrient in the product after moisture is removed. It is used to make direct comparisons of nutrient profiles of products with differing moisture contents.
†An eight fluid oz. measuring cup of s/d® Feline Dissolution contains 4.3 oz. by weight.
Brewers Rice, Chicken By-Product Meal, Pork Fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols and citric acid), Corn Gluten Meal, Dried Egg Product, Calcium Sulfate, Lactic Acid, Chicken Liver Flavor, Potassium Chloride, Choline Chloride, DL-Methionine, Iodized Salt, Vitamin E Supplement, vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, Niacin, Thiamine Mononitrate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Calcium Pantothenate, Riboflavin, Biotin, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Vitamin A Supplement, Folic Acid, Vitamin D3 Supplement), Taurine, minerals (Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Manganous Oxide, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite), preserved with Mixed Tocopherols and Citric Acid, Phosphoric Acid, Beta-Carotene, Rosemary Extract.
s/d® Feline Dissolution sd 052742588803,052742588810
Discover how pets benefit
daily from Hill’s Food Shelter
& LoveTM program.