Refine Your Search
for more images
Hill's® Science Diet®
Adult Large Breed Light
Hill's® Science Diet® Adult Large Breed Light dog food provides precisely balanced nutrition tailored for large breed dogs that need a light, healthy lifestyle.
- Natural sources of glucosamine & chondroitin for joints & mobility
- 19% lower in calories vs. Adult Large Breed
- Natural vegetable fibers help satisfy hunger between meals
- High quality chicken protein with natural ingredients and no chicken by-product meal
Large breed dogs that are prone to gaining excess weight. It is suited for large breed dogs 1 -- 5 years of age with an ideal weight of 55 -- 110 lbs, and giant breeds 1 -- 4 years of age with an ideal weight of 110+.
Not Recommended For:
- Puppies, adult dogs not prone to gaining excess weight.
- Pregnant or nursing dogs. During pregnancy or nursing, dogs should be switched to: Science Diet® Puppy Healthy Development Original or Science Diet® Puppy Healthy Development Small Bites
|Benefit||Nutrient||How It Works|
|Healthy joints & cartilage||Glucosamine & chondroitin||Natural sources of glucosamine and chondroitin are the building blocks for healthy joints and cartilage.|
|Conversion of fat into energy||L-carnitine||L-carnitine helps convert fat into energy.|
|Satisfied hunger||Natural vegetable fibers||Natural vegetable fibers help satisfy hunger between meals.|
Healthy choices matter, for both you and your pet. For more than 70 years, Hill's has been advancing knowledge of how to keep pets their healthiest. That means great-tasting, nutritious food with natural ingredients that helps your dog live a long, happy life.
We make every bag of our dog food in our own US facilities with highest quality natural ingredients from North America. These ingredients must meet our strict requirements for purity and nutrient content, which exceed industry standards.
By choosing Science Diet, you help us provide food to shelter pets 365 days a year.
Learn more at hillsfoodshelterlove.com.
Other Products to ConsiderScience Diet is available in a wide variety of foods for your dog's unique needs. Canned dog food is available from Science Diet® in delicious Adult Light with Liver that your dog will love. Also try Science Diet treats that are sure to please!
Daily Feeding Guide:
- Adjust feeding amounts as necessary to maintain optimal weight. If you are unsure, ask your veterinarian.
- New to this food? Mix increasing amounts of your pet's new food with decreasing amounts of the old food over a 7-day period.
- Keep fresh water available at all times!
- Your pet's nutritional needs may change as they age. Ask your vet at every checkup.
- Science Diet is available in a wide variety of dry foods, wet foods and treats for your pet's unique needs.
- To prevent suffocation, keep this bag out of the reach of pets and children.
Weight of Dog
|Weight Loss||Obese Prone|
|50 lb (23 kg)||2 1/2 cups (250 g)||3 1/2 cups (345 g)|
|60 lb (27 kg)||2 3/4 cups (270 g)||4 cups (395 g)|
|80 lb (36 kg)||3 1/2 cups (345 g)||5 cups (495 g)|
|100 lb (45 kg)||4 cups (395 g)||5 3/4 cups (570 g)|
|120 lb (54 kg)||4 3/4 cups (470 g)||6 2/3 cups (660 g)|
|140 lb (64 kg)||5 1/3 cups (530 g)||7 1/2 cups (745 g)|
|160 lb (73 kg)||5 3/4 cups (570 g)||8 1/4 cups (815 g)|
Average Nutrient and Caloric Content
Dry 2989 kcal/kg (297 kcal per cup†)
|Vitamin C||248 mg/kg|
|Vitamin E||710 IU/kg|
|Chondroitin Sulfate||1315 mg/kg (ppm)|
|Glucosamine||341 mg/kg (ppm)|
References1The nutrient in the product after moisture is removed. It is used to make direct comparisons of nutrient profiles of products with differing moisture contents.
†An eight fluid oz. measuring cup of Adult Large Breed Light contains 3.5 oz. by weight.
Chicken Meal, Pea Bran Meal, Whole Grain Sorghum, Whole Grain Wheat, Corn Gluten Meal, Cracked Pearled Barley, Whole Grain Corn, Powdered Cellulose, Chicken Liver Flavor, Dried Beet Pulp, Soybean Oil, Lactic Acid, Flaxseed, Potassium Chloride, Iodized Salt, L-Lysine, Choline Chloride, vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (source of vitamin C), Niacin Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Vitamin A Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Biotin, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin Supplement, Folic Acid, Vitamin D3 Supplement), minerals (Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Manganous Oxide, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite), Taurine, Oat Fiber, L-Carnitine, Mixed Tocopherols for freshness, Beta-Carotene, Phosphoric Acid, Natural Flavors, Dried Apples, Dried Broccoli, Dried Carrots, Dried Cranberries, Dried Peas.