Refine Your Search
for more images
Hill's® Prescription Diet®
m/d® Feline Weight Loss-Low Carbohydrate-Glucose Management
Weight control and glucose management for overweight cats.
Almost 50% of the pet population is overweight. Even a little extra weight can lead to serious health problems. Extra weight reduces play time, impacts mobility and affects the general health of your cat. Factors contributing to weight gain include age, lack of exercise and overfeeding.
Many commercial pet foods are loaded with salt and fat, which improve the taste but also have dramatic effects on your cat's weight and overall health. Along with frequent physical exercise, choosing the right food plays a very important role in helping cats reach their proper weight.
At Hill's, nutritionists and veterinarians have developed clinical nutrition especially formulated to help cats effectively lose weight and maintain appropriate glucose levels.
- Clinically proven low carbohydrate, high protein nutrition helps your cat burn fat and maintain lean muscle
- Clinically proven weight control plus glucose management
- High level of taurine to help maintain normal levels of insulin
- High level of arginine to support insulin secretion
- Added antioxidants to control cell oxidation and promote a healthy immune system
Hill's Prescription Diet® m/d® Feline is a complete and balanced food that provides all the nutrition your cat needs. Please consult your veterinarian for further information on how our Prescription Diet® foods can help your cat to continue to enjoy a happy and active life.
Daily Feeding Guide:
Important Feeding Information
- Cover and refrigerate unused portion.
- These amounts are a starting point only. Determine the amount to feed based on TARGET WEIGHT rather than the current weight. Your cat may need less or more food to safely loose weight. Adjust as needed. If you are unsure, or if you are not feeding this product for weight loss, ask your veterinarian.
- Mix increasing amounts of your cat's new food with decreasing amounts of the old food over a 7-day period. Prescription Diet formulas are available in a wide variety of dry foods for your cat's unique needs, and canned foods with delicious flavors your cat will love. Supplementation with other foods or treats is unnecessary and may decrease the effectiveness of the food.
- Keep fresh water available at all times!
- For best results, have your veterinarian monitor your pet's condition.
Weight Control - using 5.5 oz (156 g) can
Weight of Cat
|Weight Loss||Weight Control|
|6 lb (2,7 kg)||3/4 can||1 1/4 can|
|8 lb (3,6 kg)||1 can||1 1/3 can|
|10 lb (4,5 kg)||1 can||1 2/3 can|
|12 lb (5,4 kg)||1 1/4 can||2 can|
|14 lb (6,4 kg)||1 1/2 can||2 1/4 can|
|16 lb (7,3 kg)||1 1/2 can||2 1/3 can|
|18 lb (8,2 kg)||1 3/4 can||2 2/3 can|
Animal feeding tests using AAFCO procedures substantiate that Prescription Diet® m/d® Feline Weight Loss-Low Carbohydrate-Glucose Management provides complete and balanced nutrition for maintenance of adult cats.
Average Nutrient and Caloric Content
Canned 1001 kcal/kg (156 kcal/5.5 oz (156 g) can)
|Vitamin C||125 mg/kg|
|Vitamin E||810 IU/kg|
References1The nutrient in the product after moisture is removed. It is used to make direct comparisons of nutrient profiles of products with differing moisture contents.
Pork By-Products, Pork Liver, Water, Corn Starch, Powdered Cellulose, Soy Protein Isolate, Chicken Fat, Calcium Carbonate, Guar Gum, Locust Bean Gum, Calcium Sulfate, Dicalcium Phosphate, Carrageenan, vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Ascorbic Acid (source of vitamin C), Niacin Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement, Biotin, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Folic Acid), Rice Flour, Choline Chloride, Taurine, Potassium Chloride, DL-Methionine, minerals (Zinc Oxide, Ferrous Sulfate, Manganous Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite), L-Carnitine, Beta-Carotene.