Refine Your Search
for more images
Hill's® Prescription Diet®
r/d® Canine Weight Loss-Low Calorie
Weight reduction for overweight dogs.
Almost 50% of the pet population is overweight. Even a little extra weight can lead to serious health problems. Extra weight can reduce play time, impact mobility and affect the general health of your dog. Factors contributing to weight gain include age, lack of exercise and overfeeding.
Many commercial pet foods are loaded with salt and fat, which improve the taste but also have dramatic effects on your dog's weight and overall health. Along with frequent physical exercise, choosing the right food plays a very important role in helping dogs reach their proper weight.
At Hill's, nutritionists and veterinarians have developed clinical nutritin especially formulated to reduce dogs' body fat by 22% in two months, while keeping him or her satisfied.
- Clinically proven nutrition to reduce body fat by 22% in just 2 months*
- Clinically proven to promote healthy triglyceride and cholesterol levels*
- Unique combination of lysine, carnitine and soluble fiber modifies metabolism from fat storing to fat burning*
- High natural fiber levels satisfy pets while losing weight
- Delicious taste for easy transition from your dog's current food
*Dry formula only
Hill's® Prescription Diet® r/d® Canine provides all the nutrition your dog needs during weight loss. Please consult your veterinarian for further information on how our Prescription Diet® foods can help your dog to continue to enjoy a happy and active life.
Daily Feeding Guide:
Important Feeding Information
- These amounts are a starting point only. Determine the amount to feed based on TARGET WEIGHT rather than the current weight. Your dog may need less or more food to safely lose weight. Adjust as needed. If you are unsure or if you are not feeding this product for weight loss, ask your veterinarian.
- Mix increasing amounts of your dog's new food with decreasing amounts of the old food over a 7-day period.
- Prescription Diet® formulas are available in a wide variety of dry foods and treats for your dog's unique needs and canned foods with delicious flavors your dog will love. When using with canned food and treats, decrease the amount of dry food to avoid overfeeding. Supplementation with other foods or treats is unnecessary and may decrease the effectiveness of the food.
- Keep fresh water available at all times!
- For best results, have your veterinarian monitor your dog's condition.
- To prevent suffocation, keep this plastic bag out of the reach of pets and children.
Weight of Dog
|Weight Loss||Weight Control|
|5 lb (2,3 kg)||1/2 cup (40 g)||7/8 cup (70 g)|
|10 lb (4,5 kg)||7/8 cup (70 g)||1 3/8 cups (115 g)|
|15 lb (6,8 kg)||1 1/4 cups (105 g)||2 cups (165 g)|
|20 lb (9,1 kg)||1 1/2 cups (125 g)||2 1/3 cups (190 g)|
|30 lb (14 kg)||2 cups (165 g)||3 1/4 cups (265 g)|
|40 lb (18 kg)||2 1/2 cups (205 g)||4 cups (330 g)|
|50 lb (23 kg)||3 cups (245 g)||4 3/4 cups (390 g)|
|60 lb (27 kg)||3 1/2 cups (285 g)||5 1/2 cups (450 g)|
|70 lb (32 kg)||3 3/4 cups (310 g)||6 1/4 cups (515 g)|
|80 lb (36 kg)||4 1/4 cups (350 g)||6 3/4 cups (555 g)|
|100 lb (45 kg)||5 cups (410 g)||8 cups (655 g)|
Prescription Diet® r/d® Canine Weight Loss-Low Calorie is intended for intermittent or supplemental feeding only.
Average Nutrient and Caloric Content
Dry 2968 kcal/kg (244 kcal/cup†)
|Total Dietary Fiber||25.7|
|Vitamin C||270 mg/kg|
|Vitamin E||756 IU/kg|
References1The nutrient in the product after moisture is removed. It is used to make direct comparisons of nutrient profiles of products with differing moisture contents.
†An eight fluid oz. measuring cup of r/d® Canine Weight Loss-Low Calorie contains 2.9 oz. by weight.
Whole Grain Corn, Corn Gluten Meal, Chicken By-Product Meal, Soybean Mill Run, Powdered Cellulose, Soybean Meal, Chicken Liver Flavor, Dried Beet Pulp, Pork Flavor, Lactic Acid, Soybean Oil, Caramel color, DL-Methionine, L-Lysine, Potassium Chloride, Choline Chloride, vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (source of vitamin C), Niacin Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Vitamin A Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Biotin, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin Supplement, Folic Acid, Vitamin D3 Supplement), Calcium Carbonate, Iodized Salt, minerals (Manganese Sulfate, Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite), Taurine, L-Carnitine, Mixed Tocopherols for freshness, Phosphoric Acid, Beta-Carotene, Natural Flavors.