Refine Your Search
for closer look
Hill's® Prescription Diet®
Canine Metabolic Advanced Weight Solution
Just like the human epidemic, almost 50% of the pet population is overweight. Even a little extra weight can lead to serious health problems. The pet's quality of life and relationship with family is also impacted because that extra weight can reduce play time, impact mobility and affect the lifelong general health of your dog.
Hill's Prescription Diet Metabolic Advanced Weight Solution is weight loss and maintenance nutrition clinically proven to naturally work with each dog's unique metabolic response to support healthy weight loss and maintenance. This breakthrough nutrition is clinically proven to safely provide 28% body fat loss in only 2 months because it works to control hunger, helping to keep dogs feeling full and satisfied between meals.
Nutritionists and veterinarians at Hill's developed this next generation formula with the pet owner in mind, offering a complete portfolio of dry food, canned food, and treats. These products work together to ensure safe and healthy weight loss and easy weight maintenance without making big changes or depriving your pet. Because the formula works with each pet's unique metabolism, it also reduces the need to precisely measure the food to safely achieve weight loss success. In real-world testing with pet owners and their pets at home, 88% of pets lost weight over two months, and 86% of dog owners would recommend Metabolic to their friends with overweight dogs.
- Clinically proven to safely and naturally improve metabolism in dogs
- Clinically proven to safely provide 28% body fat loss in 2 months in dogs
- Clinically proven to avoid weight regain following a weight loss program
- A Complete portfolio of dry food, canned food, and treats designed to work together to ensure safe and healthy weight loss and easy weight maintenance
- Great taste and highly palatable backed by a 100% refund guarantee
Hill's® Prescription Diet® Canine Metabolic Advanced Weight Solution provides all the nutrition your dog needs during weight loss and maintenance. Please consult your veterinarian for further information on how our Prescription Diet® and Science Diet® foods can help your dog maintain happiness and healthy weight for life
Daily Feeding Guide:
Important Feeding Information
- Feeding your pet the right amount of Metabolic every day will help them achieve and maintain a healthy weight for life.
- These amounts are a starting point only. Determine the amount to feed based on IDEAL WEIGHT as provided by your veterinarian. Your dog may need more or less food to maintain his proper weight. Adjust as needed. If you are unsure, ask your veterinarian.
- Mix increasing amounts of your dog's new food with decreasing amounts of the old food over a 7-day period.
- Prescription Diet formulas are available in a wide variety of dry foods and treats for your dog's unique needs and canned foods with delicious flavors your dog will love. When using with canned food and treats, decrease the amount of dry food to avoid overfeeding. Supplementation with other foods or treats is unnecessary and may decrease the effectiveness of the food.
- Keep fresh water available at all times!
- For best results, have your veterinarian monitor your dog's condition.
- To prevent suffocation, keep this plastic bag out of the reach of pets and children.
Weight of Dog
|Weight Loss||Weight Control|
|5 lb (2,3 kg)||1/2 cup (40 g)||3/4 cup (60 g)|
|10 lb (4,5 kg)||7/8 cup (70 g)||1 3/8 cups (115 g)|
|15 lb (6,8 kg)||1 1/8 cups (90 g)||1 7/8 cups (155 g)|
|20 lb (9,1 kg)||1 1/2 cups (125 g)||2 1/3 cups (190 g)|
|30 lb (14 kg)||2 cups (165 g)||3 cups (245 g)|
|40 lb (18 kg)||2 1/3 cups (190 g)||3 3/4 cups (310 g)|
|50 lb (23 kg)||2 3/4 cups (225 g)||4 1/2 cups (370 g)|
|60 lb (27 kg)||3 1/4 cups (265 g)||5 1/4 cups (430 g)|
|70 lb (32 kg)||3 2/3 cups (300 g)||5 3/4 cups (470 g)|
|80 lb (36 kg)||4 cups (330 g)||6 1/2 cups (535 g)|
|100 lb (45 kg)||4 3/4 cups (390 g)||7 2/3 cups (630 g)|
Animal feeding tests using AAFCO procedures substantiate that Prescription Diet® Canine Metabolic Advanced Weight Solution provides complete and balanced nutrition for maintenance of adult dogs.
Average Nutrient and Caloric Content
Dry 3096 kcal/kg (255 kcal per cup†)
|Vitamin C||259 mg/kg|
|Vitamin E||696 IU/kg|
References1The nutrient in the product after moisture is removed. It is used to make direct comparisons of nutrient profiles of products with differing moisture contents.
†An eight fluid oz. measuring cup of Canine Metabolic Advanced Weight Solution contains 2.9 oz. by weight.
Chicken By-Product Meal, Whole Grain Wheat, Whole Grain Corn, Corn Gluten Meal, Pea Bran Meal, Soybean Mill Run, Soybean Meal, Dried Tomato Pomace, Chicken Liver Flavor, Dried Beet Pulp, Flaxseed, Coconut Oil, Pork Fat (preserved with Mixed Tocopherols and Citric Acid), Lactic Acid, Powdered Cellulose, Pork Liver Flavor, DL-Methionine, L-Lysine, Iodized Salt, Dried Carrots, Dicalcium Phosphate, Potassium Chloride, Lipoic Acid, vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (source of vitamin C), Niacin Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Vitamin A Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Biotin, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin Supplement, Folic Acid, Vitamin D3 Supplement), Choline Chloride, minerals (Manganese Sulfate, Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite), Taurine, L-Carnitine, Mixed Tocopherols added to retain freshness, Citric Acid added to retain freshness, Beta-Carotene, Phosphoric Acid, Rosemary Extract.