Refine Your Search
for closer look
Hill's® Prescription Diet®
w/d® Feline Low Fat-Glucose Management-Gastrointestinal with Chicken
Weight control, glucose management, and digestive support for cats prone to excess weight gain
Some cats can be more prone to gain weight than others. Weight problems can be successfully managed through changes in your cat's food.
At Hill's, nutritionists and veterinarians have developed clinical nutrition especially formulated to provide complete and balanced nutrition to manage cats prone to weight gain. Prescription Diet® w/d® also helps cats maintain normal blood glucose levels and promotes healthy digestion.
- Low in calories and fat to maintain weight once cats have achieved their ideal weight
- High levels of carnitine to increase energy metabolism and burn fat while increasing lean muscle mass
- Low fat to help diabetic cats maintain appropriate weight
- Moderately high fiber levels provide a feeling of fullness
- Helps stabilize and minimize fluctuation of blood glucose levels in cats requiring glucose management
- Added antioxidants to support a healthy immune system
Hill's Prescription Diet® w/d® Feline is a complete and balanced food that provides all the nutrition your cat needs. Please consult your veterinarian for further information on how our Prescription Diet® foods can help your cat to continue to enjoy a happy and active life.
Daily Feeding Guide:
Important Feeding Information
- Cover and refrigerate unused portion.
- These amounts are a starting point only. Your cat may need less or more food to maintain proper weight. Adjust as needed. If you are unsure, ask your veterinarian.
- With your veterinarian's approval, mix increasing amounts of your cat's new food with decreasing amounts of the old food over a 7-day period.
- Prescription Diet® formulas are available in a wide variety of dry foods and treats for your cat's unique needs and canned foods with delicious flavors your cat will love. Supplementation with other foods or treats is unnecessary and may decrease the effectiveness of the food. When using with dry, decrease the amount of canned food to avoid overfeeding.
- Keep fresh water available at all times!
- For best results, have your veterinarian monitor your cat's condition.
Weight Control - using 5.5 oz (156 g) can
Weight of Cat
|Obese Prone||Weight Control|
|6 lb (2,7 kg)||1 can||1 1/3 can|
|8 lb (3,6 kg)||1 1/3 can||1 2/3 can|
|10 lb (4,5 kg)||1 2/3 can||2 can|
|12 lb (5,4 kg)||1 3/4 can||2 1/4 can|
|14 lb (6,4 kg)||2 can||2 1/2 can|
|16 lb (7,3 kg)||2 1/4 can||2 3/4 can|
|18 lb (8,2 kg)||2 1/2 can||3 can|
Animal feeding tests using AAFCO procedures substantiate that Prescription Diet® w/d® Feline Low Fat-Glucose Management-Gastrointestinal with Chicken provides complete and balanced nutrition for maintenance of adult cats.
Average Nutrient and Caloric Content
Canned 811 kcal/kg (127 kcal/5.5 oz (156 g) can)
References1The nutrient in the product after moisture is removed. It is used to make direct comparisons of nutrient profiles of products with differing moisture contents.
Water, Pork Liver, Pork By-Products, Chicken, Powdered Cellulose, Corn Starch, Oat Fiber, Guar Gum, Calcium Carbonate, Calcium Sulfate, Locust Bean Gum, Choline Chloride, Chicken Liver Flavor, Potassium Chloride, Carrageenan, vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Ascorbic Acid (source of vitamin C), Niacin Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement, Biotin, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Folic Acid), Taurine, Sodium Tripolyphosphate, DL-Methionine, minerals (Zinc Oxide, Ferrous Sulfate, Manganous Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite), L-Carnitine, Beta-Carotene.