Refine Your Search
for more images
Hill's® Prescription Diet®
w/d® Canine Low Fat-Glucose Management-Gastrointestinal
Weight control, glucose management, and digestive support for dogs prone to excess weight gain
Some dogs can be more prone to gain weight than others. Weight problems can be successfully managed through changes in your dog's food.
At Hill's, nutritionists and veterinarians have developed clinical nutrition especially formulated to provide complete and balanced nutrition to manage dogs prone to weight gain. Prescription Diet® w/d® also helps dogs maintain normal blood glucose levels and promotes healthy digestion.
100% Guarantee We're confident your pet will enjoy Hill's® Prescription Diet® foods. We're so confident that we offer a 100% money-back guarantee.*
Prescription Diet Foods are made in our own U.S. facilities with ingredients from North America, Europe, Australia and New Zealand, which exceed industry standards for purity and nutrient content.
* 100% Satisfaction Guarantee - if you are unsatisfied for any reason, return the unused portion to the place of purchase for a full refund or replacement.
- Clinically proven to help dogs maintain a healthy weight (Dry only)
- High levels of carnitine to increase energy metabolism and burn fat while increasing lean muscle mass
- Moderately high fiber levels provide a feeling of fullness and may help reduce begging
- Helps stabilize and minimize fluctuation of blood glucose levels in dogs requiring glucose management
- Added antioxidants to control cell oxidation and promote a healthy immune system
Hill's® Prescription Diet® w/d® Canine is a complete and balanced food that provides all the nutrition your dog needs. Please consult your veterinarian for further information on how our Prescription Diet® foods can help your dog to continue to enjoy a happy and active life.
Daily Feeding Guide:
Important Feeding Information
- These amounts are a starting point only. Your dog may need less or more food to maintain proper weight. Adjust as needed. If you are unsure, ask your veterinarian.
- With your veterinarian's approval, mix increasing amounts of your dog's new food with decreasing amounts of the old food over a 7-day period.
- Prescription Diet formulas are available in a wide variety of dry foods and treats for your dog's unique needs and canned foods with delicious flavors your dog will love. Supplementation with other foods or treats is unnecessary and may decrease the effectiveness of the food. When using with canned food and treats, decrease the amount of dry food to avoid overfeeding.
- Keep fresh water available at all times!
- For best results, have your veterinarian monitor your dog's condition.
- To prevent suffocation, keep this plastic bag out of the reach of pets and children.
Weight of Dog
|Obese Prone||Weight Control|
|5 lb (2,3 kg)||3/4 cup (60 g)||7/8 cup (70 g)|
|10 lb (4,5 kg)||1 1/4 cups (105 g)||1 1/2 cups (125 g)|
|15 lb (6,8 kg)||1 3/4 cups (145 g)||2 cups (165 g)|
|20 lb (9,1 kg)||2 1/4 cups (185 g)||2 1/2 cups (205 g)|
|30 lb (14 kg)||3 cups (245 g)||3 1/3 cups (275 g)|
|40 lb (18 kg)||3 2/3 cups (300 g)||4 cups (330 g)|
|50 lb (23 kg)||4 1/4 cups (350 g)||4 3/4 cups (390 g)|
|60 lb (27 kg)||4 3/4 cups (390 g)||5 1/2 cups (450 g)|
|70 lb (32 kg)||5 1/2 cups (450 g)||6 1/4 cups (515 g)|
|80 lb (36 kg)||6 cups (490 g)||7 cups (575 g)|
|100 lb (45 kg)||7 1/4 cups (595 g)||8 1/4 cups (675 g)|
Animal feeding tests using AAFCO procedures substantiate that Prescription Diet® w/d® Canine Low Fat-Glucose Management-Gastrointestinal provides complete and balanced nutrition for maintenance of adult dogs.
Average Nutrient and Caloric Content
Dry 2986 kcal/kg (245 kcal/cup†)
|Vitamin C||274 mg/kg|
|Vitamin E||747 IU/kg|
References1The nutrient in the product after moisture is removed. It is used to make direct comparisons of nutrient profiles of products with differing moisture contents.
†An eight fluid oz. measuring cup of w/d® Canine Low Fat-Glucose Management-Gastrointestinal contains 2.9 oz. by weight.
Whole Grain Corn, Powdered Cellulose, Chicken by-product Meal, Corn Gluten Meal, Chicken Liver Flavor, Soybean Mill Run, Soybean Oil, Dried Beet Pulp, Lactic Acid, Soybean Meal, Caramel color, Potassium Chloride, Calcium Sulfate, Flaxseed, L-Lysine, Choline Chloride, Calcium Carbonate, vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (source of vitamin C), Niacin Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Vitamin A Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Biotin, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin Supplement, Folic Acid, Vitamin D3 Supplement), Taurine, minerals (Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Manganous Oxide, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite), Iodized Salt, L-Tryptophan, L-Carnitine, L-Threonine, Mixed Tocopherols for freshness, Phosphoric Acid, Beta-Carotene, Natural Flavors.