Refine Your Search
for a closer look
Hill's® Prescription Diet®
u/d® Canine Non-Struvite Urinary Tract Health
Bladder stones are collections of mineral crystals that combine together in the urinary tract. They can cause discomfort and lead to more serious problems that require the care of a veterinarian.
Because the food your dog eats plays an important role in his or her overall health and well-being, Hill's nutritionists and veterinarians have developed clinical nutrition especially formulated to help support your dog's bladder health.
Dogs need the right balance of minerals to maintain good bladder health. Excess minerals can encourage the formation of crystals in the urine, which can lead to the creation of bladder stones.
- Reduced levels of protein and calcium to help limit the formation of bladder stones
- Added taurine and high levels of L-carnitine help maintain healthy heart muscle function
- Added antioxidants to control cell oxidation and promote a healthy immune system
Bladder Health Warning Signs
- Incontinence or "accidents"
- Urinating in new or unusual places
- Frequent attempts to urinate, without producing much urine
- Straining to urinate
- Behavior changes such as restless, listlessness or loss of interest in usual activities
- Refusing to eat or reduced appetite
- Licking around the urinary opening
Daily Feeding Guide:
Important Feeding Information
- These amounts are a starting point only. Your dog may need less or more food to maintain proper weight. Adjust as needed. If you are unsure, ask your veterinarian.
- With your veterinarian's approval, mix increasing amounts of your dog's new food with decreasing amounts of the old food over a 7-day period.
- Prescription Diet® formulas are available in a wide variety of dry foods and treats for your dog's unique needs, and canned foods with delicious flavors your dog will love. Supplementation with other foods or treats is unnecessary and may decrease the effectiveness of the food. When using with canned food and treats, decrease the amount of dry food to avoid overfeeding.
- Keep fresh water available at all times!
- For best results, have your veterinarian monitor your dog's condition.
|Weight of Dog||Amount per Day|
|5 lb (2,3 kg)||3/8 cup (35 g) - 5/8 cup (60 g)|
|10 lb (4,5 kg)||3/4 cup (75 g) - 1 cup (100 g)|
|15 lb (6,8 kg)||1 cup (100 g) - 1 3/8 cups (135 g)|
|20 lb (9,1 kg)||1 1/4 cups (125 g) - 1 2/3 cups (165 g)|
|30 lb (14 kg)||1 2/3 cups (165 g) - 2 1/3 cups (230 g)|
|40 lb (18 kg)||2 cups (200 g) - 2 3/4 cups (270 g)|
|50 lb (23 kg)||2 1/2 cups (250 g) - 3 1/3 cups (330 g)|
|60 lb (27 kg)||2 3/4 cups (270 g) - 4 cups (395 g)|
|70 lb (32 kg)||3 1/4 cups (320 g) - 4 1/3 cups (430 g)|
|80 lb (36 kg)||3 1/2 cups (345 g) - 4 3/4 cups (470 g)|
|100 lb (45 kg)||4 1/4 cups (420 g) - 5 2/3 cups (560 g)|
Average Nutrient And Caloric Contents
Dry 4015 kcal/kg (396 kcal/per cup²)
|Vitamin E||745 IU/kg|
|Omega-3 Fatty Acids Total||0.79|
References1The nutrient in the product after moisture is removed. It is used to make direct comparisons of nutrient profiles of products with differing moisture contents.
²An eight fluid oz. measuring cup of u/d® Canine Non-Struvite Urinary Tract Health contains 3 oz. by weight.
Brewers Rice, Corn Starch, Pork Fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols and citric acid), Dried Egg Product, Powdered Cellulose, Chicken Liver Flavor, Flaxseed, Lactic Acid, Potassium Citrate, Soybean Oil, Calcium Carbonate, L-Lysine, Iodized Salt, Choline Chloride, vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, Niacin, Thiamine Mononitrate, Vitamin A Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Biotin, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Folic Acid), Dried Beet Pulp, L-Threonine, Vitamin E Supplement, Taurine, minerals (Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Manganous Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite), L-Carnitine, L-Tryptophan, preserved with Mixed Tocopherols & Citric Acid, Phosphoric Acid, Beta- Carotene, Rosemary Extract.
u/d® Canine Non-Struvite Urinary Tract Health ud 052742867007,052742860107
Discover how pets benefit
daily from Hill’s Food Shelter
& LoveTM program.