Refine Your Search
for more images
Hill's® Prescription Diet®
l/d® Canine Hepatic Health
The liver is your dog's largest internal organ with many functions, including the digestion and conversion of nutrients, the removal of toxic substances from the blood and the storage of vitamins and minerals. The liver has an amazing ability to repair and regenerate itself, and nutrition plays a vital role in this process.
At Hill's, nutritionists and veterinarians have developed clinical nutrition especially formulated to help support your dog's liver function during its healing process.
100% Guarantee We're confident your pet will enjoy Hill's® Prescription Diet® foods. We're so confident that we offer a 100% money-back guarantee.*
Prescription Diet Foods are made in our own U.S. facilities with ingredients from North America, Europe, Australia and New Zealand, which exceed industry standards for purity and nutrient content.
* 100% Satisfaction Guarantee - if you are unsatisfied for any reason, return the unused portion to the place of purchase for a full refund or replacement.
- High quality and highly digestible protein in moderate quantities to help reduce liver workload and helps maintain liver function
- Added L-Carnitine to help maintain normal fat metabolism in the liver
- Added antioxidant nutrients like vitamin E and C to control cell oxidation and promote a healthy immune system
- Reduced in sodium to help maintain normal blood pressure
Hill's Prescription Diet® l/d® Canine is a complete and balanced food that provides all the nutrition dogs need. Please consult your veterinarian for further information on how our Prescription Diet® foods can help your dog to continue to enjoy a happy and active life.
Daily Feeding Guide:
Important Feeding Information
- These amounts are a starting point only. Your dog may need less or more food to maintain proper weight. Adjust as needed. If you are unsure, or if you are feeding Prescription Diet® l/d® Canine Hepatic Health to a puppy, ask your veterinarian.
- With your veterinarian's approval, mix increasing amounts of your dog's new food with decreasing amounts of the old food over a 7-day period.
- Prescription Diet® formulas are available in a wide variety of dry foods and treats for your dog's unique needs, and canned foods with delicious flavors your dog will love. Supplementation with other foods or treats is unnecessary and may decrease the effectiveness of the food. When using with canned food and treats, decrease the amount of dry food to avoid overfeeding.
- Keep fresh water available at all times!
- For best results, have your veterinarian monitor your dog's condition.
- To prevent suffocation, keep this plastic bag out of the reach of pets and children.
|Weight of Dog||Amount per Day|
|5 lb (2,3 kg)||3/8 cup (35 g) - 5/8 cup (60 g)|
|10 lb (4,5 kg)||3/4 cup (75 g) - 1 cup (100 g)|
|15 lb (6,8 kg)||1 cup (100 g) - 1 1/3 cups (130 g)|
|20 lb (9,1 kg)||1 1/4 cups (125 g) - 1 2/3 cups (165 g)|
|30 lb (14 kg)||1 2/3 cups (165 g) - 2 1/4 cups (225 g)|
|40 lb (18 kg)||2 cups (200 g) - 2 3/4 cups (270 g)|
|50 lb (23 kg)||2 1/3 cups (230 g) - 3 1/3 cups (330 g)|
|60 lb (27 kg)||2 3/4 cups (270 g) - 3 3/4 cups (370 g)|
|70 lb (32 kg)||3 cups (295 g) - 4 1/4 cups (420 g)|
|80 lb (36 kg)||3 1/2 cups (345 g) - 4 3/4 cups (470 g)|
|100 lb (45 kg)||4 cups (395 g) - 5 2/3 cups (560 g)|
|Weight of Dog||Growth less than 4 months||Growth 4 to 9 months||Growth 10 to 12 months|
|2 lb (0,9 kg)||1/2 cup (50 g)||3/8 cup (35 g)||1/3 cup (35 g)|
|5 lb (2,3 kg)||1 cup (100 g)||3/4 cup (75 g)||5/8 cup (60 g)|
|8 lb (3,6 kg)||1 3/8 cups (135 g)||1 1/8 cups (110 g)||7/8 cup (85 g)|
|10 lb (4,5 kg)||1 5/8 cups (160 g)||1 1/3 cups (130 g)||1 1/8 cups (110 g)|
|20 lb (9,1 kg)||2 3/4 cups (270 g)||2 1/4 cups (225 g)||1 3/4 cups (175 g)|
|40 lb (18 kg)||4 1/2 cups (445 g)||3 3/4 cups (370 g)||3 cups (295 g)|
|60 lb (27 kg)||6 1/4 cups (620 g)||5 1/4 cups (520 g)||4 cups (395 g)|
|80 lb (36 kg)||7 2/3 cups (760 g)||6 1/3 cups (625 g)||5 cups (495 g)|
|100 lb (45 kg)||9 cups (890 g)||7 1/2 cups (745 g)||6 cups (595 g)|
|120 lb (54 kg)||10 1/3 cups (1025 g)||8 2/3 cups (860 g)||7 cups (695 g)|
Animal feeding tests using AAFCO procedures substantiate that Prescription Diet® l/d® Canine Hepatic Health provides complete and balanced nutrition for maintenance of adult dogs and growing puppies.
Average Nutrient and Caloric Content
Dry 4050 kcal/kg (402 kcal/cup†)
|Vitamin K||0.02 mg/kg|
References1The nutrient in the product after moisture is removed. It is used to make direct comparisons of nutrient profiles of products with differing moisture contents.
†An eight fluid oz. measuring cup of l/d® Canine Hepatic Health contains 3.5 oz. by weight.
Brewers Rice, Pork Fat, Dried Egg Product, Soybean Meal, Powdered Cellulose, Flaxseed, Pork Protein Isolate, Chicken Liver Flavor, Dicalcium Phosphate, Lactic Acid, Soybean Oil, Potassium Chloride, Dried Beet Pulp, Calcium Carbonate, Glycerol Monostearate, vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (source of vitamin C), Niacin Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Vitamin A Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Biotin, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Folic Acid, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex (source of vitamin K)), Choline Chloride, Iodized Salt, L-Arginine, Taurine, DL-Methionine, minerals (Zinc Oxide, Manganous Oxide, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite), L-Carnitine, L-Tryptophan, Mixed Tocopherols for freshness, Phosphoric Acid, Beta-Carotene, Natural Flavors.