Refine Your Search
for more images
Hill's® Prescription Diet®
k/d® Canine Chicken & Vegetable Stew
Kidneys are very important because they remove waste substances from the blood, and maintain the normal balance of fluid and minerals within the body. Once kidney damage occurs, the consequences are usually irreversible.
Because the right nutrition can positively impact your pet's quality of life, Hill's, nutritionists and veterinarians developed Prescription Diet® k/d®, clinical nutrition especially formulated to support your dog's kidney health. In fact, the nutrition of k/d is clinically tested to improve quality of life in dogs.
- Reduced levels of protein to minimize kidney workload
- Reduced phosphorus to help maintain healthy kidney function
- Reduced sodium to help maintain normal blood pressure and minimize stress on kidneys
- Increased levels of omega-3 fatty acids to support kidney health
- Increased levels of B-complex vitamins to compensate for vitamin losses in the urine
- Added antioxidants to control cell oxidation and promote a healthy immune system
Hill's® Prescription Diet® k/d® Canine is a complete and balanced food that provides all the nutrition dogs need. Please consult your veterinarian for further information on how our Prescription Diet® foods can help your dog to continue to enjoy a happy and active life.
Prescription Diet foods are made in our own U.S. facilities with ingredients from North America, Europe, Australia and New Zealand, which exceed industry standards for purity and nutrient content.
100% Guaranteed. We're confident your pet will enjoy Hill's Prescription Diet foods. In fact, we're so confident that we offer a money-back guarantee. Hill's guarantees Prescription Diet pet foods for quality, consistency and taste. If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase for these reasons, return the unused portion to your veterinarian for a full refund or replacement.
Daily Feeding Guide:
Important Feeding Information
- Cover and refrigerate unused portion.
- These amounts are a starting point only. Your dog may need less or more food to maintain proper weight. Adjust as needed. If you are unsure, ask your veterinarian.
- With your veterinarian's approval, mix increasing amounts of your dog's new food with decreasing amounts of the old food over a 7-day period.
- Prescription Diet formulas are available in a wide variety of dry foods and treats for your dog's unique needs, and canned foods with delicious flavors your dog will love. Supplementation with other foods or treats is unnecessary and may decrease the effectiveness of the food. When using with dry food and treats, decrease the amount of canned food to avoid overfeeding.
- Keep fresh water available at all times!
- For best results, have your veterinarian monitor your dog's condition.
Adult maintenance - using 5.5 oz (156 g) can
|Weight of Dog||Amount per Day|
|5 lb (2,3 kg)||1 - 1 1/2 can|
|10 lb (4,5 kg)||2 - 2 2/3 can|
|15 lb (6,8 kg)||2 1/2 - 3 1/2 can|
|20 lb (9,1 kg)||3 1/4 - 4 1/3 can|
|30 lb (14 kg)||4 1/3 - 6 can|
|40 lb (18 kg)||5 1/3 - 7 1/3 can|
|50 lb (23 kg)||6 1/3 - 8 3/4 can|
|60 lb (27 kg)||7 1/4 - 10 can|
|70 lb (32 kg)||8 - 11 1/4 can|
|80 lb (36 kg)||9 - 12 1/3 can|
|100 lb (45 kg)||10 2/3 - 14 2/3 can|
Adult maintenance - using 12.5 oz (354 g) can
|Weight of Dog||Amount per Day|
|5 lb (2,3 kg)||1/2 - 2/3 can|
|10 lb (4,5 kg)||3/4 - 1 1/4 can|
|15 lb (6,8 kg)||1 1/4 - 1 1/2 can|
|20 lb (9,1 kg)||1 1/3 - 2 can|
|30 lb (14 kg)||2 - 2 2/3 can|
|40 lb (18 kg)||2 1/3 - 3 1/4 can|
|50 lb (23 kg)||2 3/4 - 3 3/4 can|
|60 lb (27 kg)||3 1/4 - 4 1/3 can|
|70 lb (32 kg)||3 2/3 - 5 can|
|80 lb (36 kg)||4 - 5 1/2 can|
|100 lb (45 kg)||4 2/3 - 6 1/2 can|
Animal feeding tests using AAFCO procedures substantiate that Prescription Diet® k/d® Canine Chicken & Vegetable Stew provides complete and balanced nutrition for maintenance of adult dogs.
Average Nutrient and Caloric Content
Canned 992 kcal/kg (155 kcal/5.5 oz (156 g) can, 351 kcal/12.5 oz (354 g) can)
|Vitamin C||155 mg/kg|
|Vitamin E||632 IU/kg|
|Omega-3 Fatty Acids Total||1.59|
References1The nutrient in the product after moisture is removed. It is used to make direct comparisons of nutrient profiles of products with differing moisture contents.
Water, Chicken, Carrots, Rice, Pork Liver, Chicken Fat, Peas, Corn Starch, Dextrose, Chicken Liver Flavor, Sucrose, Powdered Cellulose, Flaxseed, Potassium Alginate, Calcium Chloride, Fish Oil, Potassium Citrate, Guar Gum, vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, Ascorbic Acid (source of vitamin C), Thiamine Mononitrate, Niacin Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Biotin, Riboflavin Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Folic Acid), Calcium Lactate, Choline Chloride, minerals (Zinc Oxide, Ferrous Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Calcium Iodate), Calcium Sulfate, L-Threonine, Taurine, Sodium Tripolyphosphate, L-Tryptophan, Magnesium Oxide, L-Lysine, Calcium Carbonate, Beta-Carotene.