Refine Your Search
for more images
Hill's® Prescription Diet®
k/d® Canine Renal Health
Kidneys are very important because they remove waste substances from the blood, and maintain the normal balance of fluid and minerals within the body. Once kidney damage occurs, the consequences are usually irreversible.
Because the right nutrition can positively impact your pet's quality of life, Hill's nutritionists and veterinarians developed Prescription Diet® k/d®, clinical nutrition especially formulated to support your dog's kidney health. In fact, k/d is clinically proven to improve quality of life in dogs.
100% Guarantee We're confident your pet will enjoy Hill's® Prescription Diet® foods. We're so confident that we offer a 100% money-back guarantee.*
Prescription Diet Foods are made in our own U.S. facilities with ingredients from North America, Europe, Australia and New Zealand, which exceed industry standards for purity and nutrient content.
* 100% Satisfaction Guarantee - if you are unsatisfied for any reason, return the unused portion to the place of purchase for a full refund or replacement.
- Reduced phosphorus to help maintain healthy kidney function
- Reduced levels of protein to help reduce kidney workload
- Reduced sodium to help maintain normal blood pressure
- Increased levels of omega-3 fatty acids to help blood flow to the kidneys
- Increased levels of B-complex vitamins to compensate for vitamin losses in the urine
- Added antioxidants to control cell oxidation and promote a healthy immune system
Hill's® Prescription Diet® k/d® Canine is a complete and balanced food that provides all the nutrition dogs need. Please consult your veterinarian for further information on how our Prescription Diet® foods can help your dog to continue to enjoy a happy and active life.
Daily Feeding Guide:
Important Feeding Information
- These amounts are a starting point only. Your dog may need less or more food to maintain proper weight. Adjust as needed. If you are unsure, ask your veterinarian.
- With your veterinarian's approval, mix increasing amounts of your dog's new food with decreasing amounts of the old food over a 7-day period.
- Prescription Diet formulas are available in a wide variety of dry foods and treats for your dog's unique needs, and canned foods with delicious flavors your dog will love. Supplementation with other foods or treats is unnecessary and may decrease the effectiveness of the food. When using with canned food and treats, decrease the amount of dry food to avoid overfeeding.
- Keep fresh water available at all times!
- For best results, have your veterinarian monitor your dog's condition.
- To prevent suffocation, keep this plastic bag out of the reach of pets and children.
|Weight of Dog||Amount per Day|
|5 lb (2,3 kg)||1/2 cup (50 g) - 5/8 cup (60 g)|
|10 lb (4,5 kg)||3/4 cup (75 g) - 1 cup (100 g)|
|15 lb (6,8 kg)||1 cup (100 g) - 1 3/8 cups (135 g)|
|20 lb (9,1 kg)||1 1/4 cups (125 g) - 1 3/4 cups (175 g)|
|30 lb (14 kg)||1 3/4 cups (175 g) - 2 1/3 cups (230 g)|
|40 lb (18 kg)||2 1/4 cups (225 g) - 3 cups (295 g)|
|50 lb (23 kg)||2 1/2 cups (250 g) - 3 1/2 cups (345 g)|
|60 lb (27 kg)||3 cups (295 g) - 4 cups (395 g)|
|70 lb (32 kg)||3 1/4 cups (320 g) - 4 1/2 cups (445 g)|
|80 lb (36 kg)||3 1/2 cups (345 g) - 5 cups (495 g)|
|100 lb (45 kg)||4 1/4 cups (420 g) - 5 3/4 cups (570 g)|
Animal feeding tests using AAFCO procedures substantiate that Prescription Diet® k/d® Canine Renal Health provides complete and balanced nutrition for maintenance of adult dogs.
Average Nutrient and Caloric Content
Dry 4020 kcal/kg (399 kcal/cup†)
|Vitamin C||336 mg/kg|
|Vitamin E||677 IU/kg|
|Omega-3 Fatty Acids Total||1.54|
References1The nutrient in the product after moisture is removed. It is used to make direct comparisons of nutrient profiles of products with differing moisture contents.
†An eight fluid oz. measuring cup of k/d® Canine Renal Health contains 3.5 oz. by weight.
Brewers Rice, Pork Fat, Dried Egg Product, Flaxseed, Corn Gluten Meal, Chicken Liver Flavor, Powdered Cellulose, Lactic Acid, Calcium Carbonate, Dried Beet Pulp, L-Lysine, Potassium Chloride, Potassium Citrate, Choline Chloride, Iodized Salt, Calcium Sulfate, vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (source of vitamin C), Niacin Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Vitamin A Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Biotin, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin Supplement, Folic Acid, Vitamin D3 Supplement), L-Threonine, Taurine, minerals (Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Manganous Oxide, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite), L-Tryptophan, Magnesium Oxide, Mixed Tocopherols for freshness, Phosphoric Acid, Beta-Carotene, Natural Flavors.