Refine Your Search
for more images
Hill's® Prescription Diet®
The heart is the most important organ in your pet's body, and factors such as age or weight may affect its function. Poor heart health can affect your dog's life style and happiness.
Because the food your dog eats plays an important role in his or her overall health and well-being, at Hill's, nutritionists and veterinarians developed clinical nutrition especially formulated to support your dog's heart health.
Hill's® Prescription Diet® h/d® Canine is a complete and balanced food that provides all the nutrition dogs need.
100% Guarantee We're confident your pet will enjoy Hill's® Prescription Diet® foods. We're so confident that we offer a 100% money-back guarantee.*
Prescription Diet Foods are made in our own U.S. facilities with ingredients from North America, Europe, and New Zealand, which exceed industry standards for purity and nutrient content.
* 100% Satisfaction Guarantee - if you are unsatisfied for any reason, return the unused portion to the place of purchase for a full refund or replacement.
How It Helps
- Helps maintain normal blood pressure
- Helps minimize fluid retention
- Helps replenish lost nutrients for dogs receiving diuretics
- Protects vital kidney function
- Supports a healthy immune system
How It Works
- Low sodium
- High levels of L-carnitine & Taurine
- Appropriate levels of protein & phosphorus
- Clinically proven antioxidants
Please consult your veterinarian for further information on how our Prescription Diet® foods can help your dog to continue to enjoy a happy and active life.
Daily Feeding Guide:
Adjust feeding amounts as necessary to maintain optimal weight. If you are unsure, ask your veterinarian.
For best results & safety practices:
- Gradually transition to your pet's new food over a 7 day period.
- Exclusively feed the recommended Prescription Diet dry food, canned food & treats.
- Keep fresh water available at all times.
- Have your veterinarian monitor your pet's condition.
- To prevent suffocation, keep the packaging out of the reach of pets and children.
|Weight of Dog||Amount per Day|
|5 lb (2,3 kg)||1/2 cup (50 g)|
|10 lb (4,5 kg)||7/8 cup (85 g)|
|15 lb (6,8 kg)||1 1/4 cups (125 g)|
|20 lb (9,1 kg)||1 1/2 cups (150 g)|
|30 lb (14 kg)||2 cups (200 g)|
|40 lb (18 kg)||2 1/2 cups (250 g)|
|50 lb (23 kg)||3 cups (295 g)|
|60 lb (27 kg)||3 1/3 cups (330 g)|
|70 lb (32 kg)||3 3/4 cups (370 g)|
|80 lb (36 kg)||4 1/4 cups (420 g)|
|100 lb (45 kg)||5 cups (495 g)|
Animal feeding tests using AAFCO procedures substantiate that Prescription Diet® h/d® Canine provides complete and balanced nutrition for maintenance of adult dogs.
Average Nutrient and Caloric Content
Dry 4129 kcal/kg (410 kcal/cup†)
|Vitamin C||255 mg/kg|
|Vitamin E||606 IU/kg|
References1The nutrient in the product after moisture is removed. It is used to make direct comparisons of nutrient profiles of products with differing moisture contents.
†An eight fluid oz. measuring cup of h/d® Canine contains 3.5 oz. by weight.
Whole Grain Corn, Pork Fat, Soy Protein Isolate, Chicken By-Product Meal, Chicken Liver Flavor, Lactic Acid, Egg Product, Powdered Cellulose, Potassium Citrate, Dicalcium Phosphate, Calcium Carbonate, Natural Flavor, Choline Chloride, Soybean Oil, L-Lysine, vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (source of Vitamin C), Niacin Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Vitamin A Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin Supplement, Biotin, Folic Acid, Vitamin D3 Supplement), Taurine, minerals (Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Manganous Oxide, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite), DL-Methionine, Magnesium Oxide, L-Carnitine, Mixed Tocopherols for freshness, Natural Flavors, L-Tryptophan, Beta-Carotene