Refine Your Search
for more images
Hill's® Prescription Diet®
The heart is the most important organ in your pet's body, and factors such as age or weight may affect its function. Poor heart health can affect your dog's life style and happiness.
Because the food your dog eats plays an important role in his or her overall health and well-being, Hill's, nutritionists and veterinarians developed clinical nutrition to support your dog's heart health.
Hill's® Prescription Diet® h/d® Canine is a complete and balanced food that provides all the nutrition your dog needs.
100% Guarantee We're confident your pet will enjoy Hill's® Prescription Diet® foods. We're so confident that we offer a 100% money-back guarantee.*
Prescription Diet Foods are made in our own U.S. facilities with ingredients from North America, Europe, and New Zealand, which exceed industry standards for purity and nutrient content.
* 100% Satisfaction Guarantee - if you are unsatisfied for any reason, return the unused portion to the place of purchase for a full refund or replacement.
How It Helps
- Helps maintain normal blood pressure
- Helps minimize fluid retention
- Helps replenish lost nutrients for dogs receiving diuretics
- Protects vital kidney function
- Supports a healthy immune system
How It Works
- Low sodium
- High levels of L-carnitine & Taurine
- Appropriate levels of protein & phosphorus
- Clinically proven antioxidants
Please consult your veterinarian for further information on how our Prescription Diet® foods can help your dog to continue to enjoy a happy and active life.
Daily Feeding Guide:
Adjust feeding amounts as necessary to maintain optimal weight. If you are unsure, ask your veterinarian.
For best results & safety practices:
- Cover and refrigerate unused portion.
- Gradually transition to your pet's new food over a 7 day period.
- Exclusively feed the recommended Prescription Diet dry food, canned food & treats.
- Keep fresh water available at all times.
- Have your veterinarian monitor your pet's condition.
Adult maintenance - using 13 oz (370 g) can
|Weight of Dog||Amount per Day|
|5 lb (2,3 kg)||3/8 can|
|10 lb (4,5 kg)||2/3 can|
|15 lb (6,8 kg)||1 can|
|20 lb (9,1 kg)||1 1/4 can|
|30 lb (14 kg)||1 2/3 can|
|40 lb (18 kg)||2 can|
|50 lb (23 kg)||2 1/3 can|
|60 lb (27 kg)||2 2/3 can|
|70 lb (32 kg)||3 can|
|80 lb (36 kg)||3 1/3 can|
|100 lb (45 kg)||4 can|
Animal feeding tests using AAFCO procedures substantiate that Prescription Diet® h/d® Canine provides complete and balanced nutrition for maintenance of adult dogs.
Average Nutrient and Caloric Content
Canned 1296 kcal/kg (480 kcal/13 oz (370 g) can)
|Vitamin C||124 mg/kg|
|Vitamin E||823 IU/kg|
References1The nutrient in the product after moisture is removed. It is used to make direct comparisons of nutrient profiles of products with differing moisture contents.
Water, Chicken, Whole Grain Corn, Rice, Pork Liver, Chicken Fat, Sucrose, Chicken Liver Flavor, Potassium Citrate, Calcium Carbonate, Potassium Chloride, Choline Chloride, Vitamin E Supplement, Taurine, Calcium Carbonate, Magnesium Oxide, L-Tryptophan, Ascorbic Acid (source of Vitamin C), L-Carnitine, Zinc Oxide, Ferrous Sulfate, Thiamine Mononitrate, Beta-Carotene, Niacin, Manganous Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Biotin, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Riboflavin, Calcium Iodate, Folic Acid, Sodium Selenite.