Refine Your Search
for more images
Hill's® Prescription Diet®
b/d® Canine Healthy Aging & Alertness
Clinically proven brain health nutrition
Hill's® Prescription Diet® b/d® Canine is a complete and balanced food that provides all the nutrition dogs need.
Please consult your veterinarian for further information on how our Prescription Diet® foods can help your dog to continue to enjoy a happy and active life.
- Clinically tested to support memory and learning ability in older dogs
- Antioxidants to help protect brain cells and support a healthy immune system
- High levels of L-carnitine to help preserve muscle mass
- High in Omega-3 fatty acids to support brain health
- Appropriate levels of protein, phosphorus and sodium to promote heart and kidney health
- Contains fruits and vegetables with naturally occurring vitamins and antioxidants
Hill's® Prescription Diet® b/d® Canine is a complete and balanced food that provides all the nutrition dogs need. Please consult your veterinarian for further information on how our Prescription Diet® foods can help your dog to continue to enjoy a happy and active life.
Daily Feeding Guide:
Important Feeding Information
- These amounts are a starting point only. Your dog may need less or more food to maintain proper weight. Adjust as needed. If you are unsure, ask your veterinarian.
- With your veterinarian's approval, mix increasing amounts of your dog's new food with decreasing amounts of the old food over a 7-day period. Prescription Diet formulas are available in a wide variety of dry foods and treats for your dog's unique needs, and canned foods with delicious flavors your dog will love. Supplementation with other foods or treats is unnecessary and may decrease the effectiveness of the food. When using with treats, decrease the amount of dry food to avoid overfeeding.
- Keep fresh water available at all times!
- For best results, have your veterinarian monitor your dog's condition.
- To prevent suffocation, keep this plastic bag out of the reach of pets and children.
|Weight of Dog||Amount per Day|
|5 lb (2,3 kg)||1/2 cup (50 g) - 2/3 cup (65 g)|
|10 lb (4,5 kg)||7/8 cup (85 g) - 1 1/8 cups (110 g)|
|15 lb (6,8 kg)||1 1/8 cups (110 g) - 1 1/2 cups (150 g)|
|20 lb (9,1 kg)||1 1/3 cups (130 g) - 2 cups (200 g)|
|30 lb (14 kg)||1 3/4 cups (175 g) - 2 1/2 cups (250 g)|
|40 lb (18 kg)||2 1/3 cups (230 g) - 3 1/4 cups (320 g)|
|50 lb (23 kg)||2 3/4 cups (270 g) - 3 3/4 cups (370 g)|
|60 lb (27 kg)||3 1/4 cups (320 g) - 4 1/3 cups (430 g)|
|70 lb (32 kg)||3 1/2 cups (345 g) - 4 3/4 cups (470 g)|
|80 lb (36 kg)||4 cups (395 g) - 5 1/3 cups (530 g)|
|100 lb (45 kg)||4 2/3 cups (460 g) - 6 1/3 cups (625 g)|
Animal feeding tests using AAFCO procedures substantiate that Prescription Diet® b/d® Canine Healthy Aging & Alertness provides complete and balanced nutrition for maintenance of adult dogs.
Average Nutrient and Caloric Content
Dry 3637 kcal/kg (361 kcal per cup†)
|Vitamin C||180 mg/kg|
|Vitamin E||1224 IU/kg|
|Omega-3 Fatty Acids Total||1.04|
References1The nutrient in the product after moisture is removed. It is used to make direct comparisons of nutrient profiles of products with differing moisture contents.
†An eight fluid oz. measuring cup of b/d® Canine Healthy Aging & Alertness contains 3.5 oz. by weight.
Whole Grain Corn, Chicken By-Product Meal, Pork Fat, Brewers Rice, Soybean Mill Run, Flaxseed, Soybean Meal, Fish Meal, Lactic Acid, Chicken Liver Flavor, Dried Egg Product, Soybean Oil, Dried Carrots, Dried Spinach, Dried Grape Pomace, Dried Tomato Pomace, Dried Citrus Pulp, Potassium Chloride, Oat Fiber, Choline Chloride, vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (source of Vitamin C), Niacin Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Vitamin A Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Folic Acid, Biotin), L-Lysine, Iodized Salt, Calcium Carbonate, L-Tryptophan, Taurine, minerals (Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Manganous Oxide, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite), L-Carnitine, Mixed Tocopherols for freshness, Lipoic Acid, Phosphoric Acid, Beta-Carotene, Natural Flavors.