Roll over image to zoom in
Hill's Prescription Diet
k/d Pâté with Tuna Cat Food
Delicious clinically proven nutrition that helps protect vital kidney function and available in multiple wet forms & flavors to entice even the pickiest of eaters
Alternate Product Recommendation
Urinary Care, Liver Care
Pâté with Tuna
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
At Hill’s, we’re dedicated to making foods your pet will love. If you’re not satisfied for any reason with a product purchased from one of our authorized sellers, simply return the unused portion to the place of purchase for your money back or a replacement product. Additional terms may apply. Please click here for full details.
When cats have damage to kidney tissues, the kidneys cannot perform as well as before, like filtering and reabsorbing nutrients. The condition is not reversible, but progression may be slowed. Therapeutic foods for kidney conditions are designed to help reduce workload on the kidneys, enabling them to function more effectively. Cats with decreased kidney function may experience loss of appetite and their food intake might decline.
Hill's nutritionists and veterinarians developed Hill's Prescription Diet k/d clinical nutrition with ActivBiome+ Kidney Defense, a proprietary blend of prebiotics shown to activate the gut microbiome to help protect kidney function. Prescription Diet k/d is available in multiple wet forms & flavors to entice even the pickiest of eaters.
This canned food is made with tuna and has a smooth texture with an irresistible taste that your cat will love. In fact, Prescription Diet k/d has clinically proven nutrition to improve & lengthen quality of life.
How it helps:
- Helps protect vital kidney function
- Helps manage the invisible changes within the intestinal tract that impact kidney function
- Helps build muscle mass and helps maintain energy and strength
- Available in multiple wet forms & flavors
- S+OXSHIELD: Formulated to promote a urinary environment that reduces the risk of developing struvite & calcium oxalate crystals
How it works:
- Reduced phosphorus & sodium, enriched with omega-3 fatty acids
- ActivBiome+ Kidney Defense activates the gut microbiome to reduce harmful waste products
- With optimized levels of essential amino acids and high quality protein to help keep them strong
- Texture and flavor variety to entice even the pickiest of eaters
Hill's Prescription Diet k/d Pâté with Tuna Wet Cat Food is a complete and balanced food that provides all the nutrition your cat needs. Please consult your veterinarian for further information on how our Prescription Diet foods can help your cat to continue to enjoy a happy and active life.
For best results, consistent long term feeding of this product is critical for efficacy of the product benefits.
Dry and canned formulas can be mixed or fed concurrently.
Formulated to promote a urinary environment that reduces the risk of developing struvite & calcium oxalate crystals
Made in the USA with global ingredients you can trust
Proud to have helped 13 MILLION SHELTER PETS find a forever home & counting
INGREDIENTS: Water, Chicken, Pork Liver, Brewers Rice, Tuna, Modified Rice Starch, Dried Whey, Chicken Fat, Hydrolyzed Chicken Flavor, Fish Oil, Egg Product, Powdered Cellulose, Guar Gum, Calcium Carbonate, Potassium Citrate, Natural Flavor, L-Arginine, vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (source of Vitamin C), Niacin Supplement, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex (source of Vitamin K), Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement, Folic Acid, Biotin), Betaine, Whole Grain Oats, L-Threonine, Taurine, Fructooligosaccharides (FOS), Choline Chloride, L-Carnitine, minerals (Zinc Oxide, Ferrous Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Calcium Iodate), Beta-Carotene.
Ask your veterinarian for specific feeding instructions for your pet. Daily Feeding Recommendations are only a guide and a place to start. Grams are the most accurate form of measurement; cups are estimated from grams.
For best results:
- Gradually transition to this new food for 7 days or more. Some cats may need longer than 7 days to transition to a new food. Be patient and consistent.
- Exclusively feed the recommended Prescription Diet dry and wet foods
- Keep fresh water available at all times
- Have your veterinarian monitor your pet's condition
- Cover and refrigerate unused portion
|Weight of Cat — lbs (kgs)||Amount per Day - 5.5 oz (156 g) cans|
|8 (3,6)||1 1/4|
|10 (4,5)||1 1/2|
|12 (5,4)||1 3/4|
|16 (7,3)||2 1/4|
|18 (8,2)||2 1/3|
Animal feeding tests using AAFCO procedures substantiate that Hill's Prescription Diet k/d Pâté with Tuna Cat Food provides complete and balanced nutrition for maintenance of adult cats
174 kcal / 5.5 oz (156 g) can
|Carbohydrate / NFE||42.1 %|
|Crude Fiber||1.4 %|
|Vitamin C||116 ppm|
|Vitamin E||998 IU/kg|
|Total Omega-3 FA||1.08 %|
1The nutrient in the product after moisture is removed. It is used to make direct comparisons of nutrient profiles with differing moisture contents.