Hill's® Prescription Diet®
k/d® Feline Renal Health with Chicken
Kidneys are very important because they remove waste substances from the blood, and maintain the normal balance of fluid and minerals within the body. Once kidney damage occurs, the consequences are usually irreversible.
Because the right nutrition can positively impact your pet's quality of life, Hill's, nutritionists and veterinarians developed Prescription Diet® k/d®, clinical nutrition especially formulated to support your cat's kidney health. In fact, k/d is clinically tested to improve quality of life in cats.
k/d® is formulated with the following benefits:
- Reduced levels of protein to help minimize kidney workload
- Reduced phosphorus to help maintain healthy kidney function and minimize stress on kidneys
- Reduced sodium to help maintain normal blood pressure
- Increased levels of omega-3 fatty acids to support kidney health
- Increased levels of B-complex vitamins to compensate urinary losses
- Added antioxidants to control cell oxidation and promote a healthy immune system
Hill's Prescription Diet® k/d® Feline is a complete and balanced food that provides all the nutrition cats need. Please consult your veterinarian for further information on how our Prescription Diet® foods can help your cat to continue to enjoy a happy and active life.
Important Feeding Information
- Cover & refrigerate unused portion.
- These amounts are a starting point only. Your cat may need less or more food to maintain proper weight. Adjust as needed. If you are unsure, ask your veterinarian.
- With your veterinarian's approval, mix increasing amounts of your cat's new food with decreasing amounts of the old food over a 7-day period. Prescription Diet™ formulas are available in a wide variety of dry foods and treats for your cat's unique needs, and canned foods with delicious flavors your cat will love. Supplementation with other foods or treats is unnecessary and may decrease the effectiveness of the food. When using with dry food and treats, decrease the amount of canned food to avoid overfeeding.
- Keep fresh water available at all times!
- For best results, have your veterinarian monitor your cat's condition.
Adult maintenance - using 5.5 oz (156 g) can
|6 lb (2,7 kg)|| 3/4 - 1 can|
|10 lb (4,5 kg)||1 1/4 - 1 2/3 can|
|14 lb (6,4 kg)||1 1/2 - 2 can|
|18 lb (8,2 kg)||1 3/4 - 2 1/2 can|