Hill's® Prescription Diet®
s/d® Canine Dissolution
Bladder stones are collections of mineral crystals that combine together in the urinary tract. They can cause discomfort and lead to more serious problems that require the care of a veterinarian.
Because the food your dog eats plays an important role in his or her overall health and well-being, Hill's nutritionists and veterinarians have developed clinical nutrition especially formulated to help support your dog's bladder health.
Dogs need the right balance of minerals to maintain good bladder health. Excess minerals can encourage the formation of crystals in the urine, which can lead to the creation of bladder stones.
Prescription Diet® s/d® Canine is formulated with the following benefits:
- Low levels of magnesium, phosphorus and protein to help limit the building blocks of crystals and bladder stones
- High in antioxidants to control cell oxidation and promote a healthy immune system
Bladder Health Warning Signs
- Incontinence or "accidents"
- Urinating in new or unusual places
- Frequent attempts to urinate, without producing much urine
- Straining to urinate
- Behavior changes such as restless, listlessness or loss of interest in usual activities
- Refusing to eat or reduced appetite
- Licking around the urinary opening
Hill's® Prescription Diet® s/d® Canine is a complete and balanced pet food that provides all the nutrition dogs need, but is not recommended for long-term feeding (over 6 months). Please consult your veterinarian for further information on how our Prescription Diet® pet foods can help your dog to continue to enjoy a happy, healthy and active life.
Important Feeding Information
- Cover and refrigerate unused portion.
- These amounts are a starting point only. Your dog may need less or more food to maintain proper weight. Adjust as needed. If you are unsure, ask your veterinarian.
- With your veterinarian's approval, mix increasing amounts of your dog's new food with decreasing amounts of the old food over a 7-day period.
- Prescription Diet formulas are available in a wide variety of dry foods and treats for your dog's unique needs, and canned foods with delicious flavors your dog will love. Supplementation with other foods or treats is unnecessary and may decrease the effectiveness of the food.
- Keep fresh water available at all times!
Adult maintenance - using 13 oz (370 g) can
|5 lb (2,3 kg)|| 1/3 - 1/2 can|
|10 lb (4,5 kg)|| 2/3 - 3/4 can|
|15 lb (6,8 kg)|| 3/4 - 1 can|
|20 lb (9,1 kg)||1 - 1 1/3 can|
|30 lb (14 kg)||1 1/3 - 1 3/4 can|
|40 lb (18 kg)||1 2/3 - 2 1/3 can|
|50 lb (23 kg)||2 - 2 3/4 can|
|60 lb (27 kg)||2 1/4 - 3 1/4 can|
|70 lb (32 kg)||2 1/2 - 3 1/2 can|
|80 lb (36 kg)||2 3/4 - 4 can|
|100 lb (45 kg)||3 1/3 - 4 2/3 can|