Refine Your Search
for a closer look
Hill's® Prescription Diet®
For nutritional support of dogs undergoing chemotherapy
Dogs going under chemotherapy have special nutritional requirement. Because their body has difficulties obtaining enough energy during this time, food needs to be high in energy and nutrients and in an appetizing form, to encourage the recovery process.
At Hill's, nutritionists and veterinarians have developed clinical nutrition especially formulated to help dogs undergoing chemotherapy.
- Clinically proven to help improve quality of life for dogs undergoing chemotherapy
- High level of protein to meet energy demand and to avoid muscle wasting
- High level of fat to increase caloric density and palatability to help acceptance by inappetant pets
- Low levels of carbohydrates
- High level of arginine and omega-3 fatty acids to help stimulate the immune system
Hill's Prescription Diet® n/d® Canine is a complete and balanced food that provides all the nutrition dogs need. Please consult your veterinarian for further information on how our Prescription Diet® foods can help your dog to continue to enjoy a happy and active life.
Daily Feeding Guide:
Important Feeding Information
- Use only as directed by your veterinarian, the expert on your pet's health needs. Cover and refrigerate unused portion.
- These amounts are a starting point only. Your dog may need less or more food to maintain proper weight. Adjust as needed. If you are unsure, ask your veterinarian.
- With your veterinarian's approval, mix increasing amounts of your dog's new food with decreasing amounts of the old food over a 7-day period.
- Prescription Diet® formulas are available in a wide variety of dry foods and treats for your dog's unique needs, and canned foods with delicious flavors your dog will love. Supplementation with other foods or treats is unnecessary and may decrease the effectiveness of the food.
- Keep fresh water available at all times!
- For best results, have your veterinarian monitor your dog's condition.
Adult maintenance - using 12.7 oz (360 g) can
|Weight of Dog||Amount per Day|
|5 lb (2,3 kg)||1/3 - 1/2 can|
|10 lb (4,5 kg)||1/2 - 3/4 can|
|15 lb (6,8 kg)||3/4 - 1 can|
|20 lb (9,1 kg)||1 - 1 1/3 can|
|30 lb (14 kg)||1 1/3 - 1 3/4 can|
|40 lb (18 kg)||1 2/3 - 2 1/4 can|
|50 lb (23 kg)||2 - 2 2/3 can|
|60 lb (27 kg)||2 1/4 - 3 can|
|70 lb (32 kg)||2 1/2 - 3 1/2 can|
|80 lb (36 kg)||2 3/4 - 3 3/4 can|
|100 lb (45 kg)||3 1/4 - 4 1/2 can|
Average Nutrient And Caloric Contents
Canned 1343 kcal/kg ( 483.48 kcal/per 360g can)
|Omega-3 Fatty Acids Total||8.37|
References1The nutrient in the product after moisture is removed. It is used to make direct comparisons of nutrient profiles of products with differing moisture contents.
Beef By-Products, Water, Pork Liver, Fish Oil, Rice, Chicken, Chicken Liver Flavor, Powdered Cellulose, Dried Beet Pulp, Potassium Citrate, Calcium Carbonate, L-Arginine, Dicalcium Phosphate, Taurine, Iron Oxide, Vitamin E Supplement, Choline Chloride, Zinc Oxide, Ferrous Sulfate, Thiamine Mononitrate, Copper Sulfate, Niacin, Manganous Oxide, Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Biotin, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Riboflavin, Calcium Iodate, Folic Acid, Sodium Selenite.
n/d® Canine nd 052742701202,052742701219
Discover how pets benefit
daily from Hill’s Food Shelter
& LoveTM program.