Thank you for visiting
To log out and end your session, click "OK"
Refine Your Search
for closer look
VetEssentials™ Canine Adult
Available exclusively from your veterinarian, Hill's® Science Diet® VetEssentials™ Canine Adult is uniquely formulated to help address five common health concerns for adult dogs. Along with regular exercise and veterinary checkups, Hill's® Science Diet® VetEssentials™ maximizes your pet's potential for a happy, healthy future
Not Recommended For:
Puppies, pregnant or nursing dogs. During pregnancy or nursing, dogs should be switched to Science Diet® VetEssentials Puppy food
|Nutritional Feature||Healthy Benefit||Key Nutrient|
|Oral Health: Clinically proven kibble technology naturally scrubs teeth clean like a toothbrush reducing plaque & tartar buildup||Keeps teeth & gums healthy||Natural Vegetable Fiber|
|Weight Management: Fiber enriched formula enhanced with L-carnitine||Helps maintain optimal body weight, build lean muscle and turn fat into energy||Natural Vegetable Fiber & Added L-carnitine|
|Healthy Mobility: Enhanced with natural glucosamine and chondroitin sulfate||Provides the building blocks for healthy joints and cartilage||Natural Glucosamine & Chondroitin Sulfate|
|Healthy Digestion: High quality, digestible ingredients||Helps maximize absorption of key nutrients||High quality ingredients|
|Healthy Skin & Coat: Omega fatty acids nourish skin cells and hair follicles to rejuvenate the skin||Promotes healthy skin and luxurious coat||Omega Fatty Acids|
Other Products to ConsiderScience Diet Adult Oral Care, Science Diet Adult Healthy Mobility and Science Diet Adult Light
Daily Feeding Guide
- These amounts are a starting point only. Your pet may need less or more food to maintain proper weight. Adjust as needed. If you are unsure, ask your veterinarian.
- Feeding this food for the first time? Mix increasing amounts of your pet's new food with decreasing amounts of the old food over a 7-day period.
- For maximum benefit, this product must be fed as the only food. Use of supplements or mixing with any other food is not recommended.
- Keep fresh water available at all times!
- We recommend that you take your pet to the veterinarian at least twice a year for regular health check-ups.
- Your pet's nutritional needs change with each lifestage. Continue to give him the same precise and balanced nutrition by transitioning your dog to one of the Hill's® Science Diet® Mature Adult pet foods once he reaches 7 years of age.
- Science Diet is available in a wide variety of dry foods and treats for your dog's unique needs, and canned foods, with many delicious flavors your dog will love.
- To prevent suffocation, keep this plastic bag out of the reach of pets and children.
|Weight of Dog||Amount per Day|
|5 lb (2,3 kg)||5/8 cup (50 g) - 3/4 cup (60 g)|
|10 lb (4,5 kg)||1 cup (80 g) - 1 1/3 cups (105 g)|
|20 lb (9,1 kg)||1 2/3 cups (135 g) - 2 1/4 cups (180 g)|
|30 lb (14 kg)||2 1/4 cups (180 g) - 3 cups (240 g)|
|40 lb (18 kg)||2 2/3 cups (215 g) - 3 2/3 cups (295 g)|
|50 lb (23 kg)||3 1/4 cups (260 g) - 4 1/3 cups (345 g)|
|60 lb (27 kg)||3 2/3 cups (295 g) - 5 cups (400 g)|
|80 lb (36 kg)||4 1/2 cups (360 g) - 6 1/4 cups (500 g)|
|100 lb (45 kg)||5 1/3 cups (425 g) - 7 1/3 cups (585 g)|
Average Nutrient And Caloric Contents
Dry 3397 kcal/kg
|Vitamin C||225 mg/kg|
|Vitamin E||743 IU/kg|
|Omega-3 Fatty Acids Total||0.46|
|Omega-6 Fatty Acids Total||3.53|
|Chondroitin Sulfate||1498 mg/kg (ppm)|
|Glucosamine||831 mg/kg (ppm)|
References1The nutrient in the product after moisture is removed. It is used to make direct comparisons of nutrient profiles of products with differing moisture contents.
Chicken By-Product Meal, Brewers Rice, Whole Grain Wheat, Whole Grain Corn, Powdered Cellulose, Soybean Mill Run, Animal Fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols and citric acid), Dried Egg Product, Chicken Liver Flavor, Soybean Oil, Lactic Acid, Flaxseed, Potassium Chloride, vitamins (L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (source of vitamin C), Vitamin E Supplement, Niacin, Thiamine Mononitrate, Vitamin A Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Biotin, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Folic Acid, Vitamin D3 Supplement), Iodized Salt, Dried Chicken Cartilage, Choline Chloride, Vitamin E Supplement, Taurine, minerals (Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Manganous Oxide, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite), preserved with Mixed Tocopherols and Citric Acid, L-Carnitine, Phosphoric Acid, Beta-Carotene, Rosemary Extract.