Thank you for visiting
To log out and end your session, click "OK"
Refine Your Search
for closer look
Adult Light Small Bites
Hill's™ Science Diet™ Adult Light Small Bites dog food provides precisely balanced nutrition to help your dog achieve ideal weight. It has fewer calories than Hill's™ Science Diet™ Adult Small Bites formula to help control weight and contains L-Carnitine to help your dog turn fat into energy. It also has a high fiber content to keep your dog satisfied between meals. All these, and our great taste ever!
Adult dogs 1-6 years of age that require fewer calories (i.e. dogs that are less active, neutered or otherwise prone to weight gain).
Not Recommended For:
- Puppies, adult dogs not prone to gaining excess weight.
- Pregnant or nursing dogs. During pregnancy or nursing, dogs should be switched to Science Diet™ Puppy Healthy Development Original, Science Diet™ Puppy Small Bites, Science Diet™ Puppy Lamb Meal & Rice Recipe, Science Diet™ Nature's Best™ Chicken & Brown Rice Dinner Puppy, Science Diet™ Nature's Best™ Lamb & Brown Rice Dinner Puppy, or Science Diet Healthy Advantage Puppy.
|Benefit||Nutrient||How it Works|
|Helps maintain healthy weight||Reduced calories*||Optimal levels of energy for a healthy weight.|
|Lean muscle and ideal body weight||Carnitine||Converts fat into energy and helps maintain lean muscle mass.|
|Controls hunger between meals||High fiber||Natural fiber ensures satiety between meals.|
|Healthy immune function||Vitamin C + E||Optimal levels of clinically proven antioxidants for a healthy immune system.|
|Best Taste Ever||High quality ingredients||Precise blend of high quality ingredients for a taste dogs are guaranteed to love|
Our 150 veterinarians, PhD nutritionists and scientists ensure that over 50 nutrients in Hill's Science Diet dog foods work together and fall precisely within appropriate ranges, avoiding nutrient excesses and deficiencies that can impact your dog's long term health. Hill's stands behind quality of our product. If you, or your dog, aren't completely satisfied, just return the unused portion to the place of purchase for a full refund or replacement.
Other Products to ConsiderScience Diet™ is available in a wide variety of dry foods and treats for your dog's unique needs and in canned foods with many delicious flavors your dog will love.
References*30% less fat and 19% fewer calories than the Adult Advanced Fitness Original formula
Daily Feeding Guide
- This product is intended for weight maintenance. Should you choose to feed for weight loss use an ideal or target body weight rather than the current body weight and consult your veterinarian.
- These amounts are a starting point only. Your pet may need less or more food to maintain proper weight or for appropriate weight loss. Adjust as needed. If you are unsure, ask your veterinarian.
- Feeding this food for the first time? Mix increasing amounts of your pet's new food with decreasing amounts of the old food over a 7-day period.
- When using with Science Diet™ canned food, decrease the amount of dry food to avoid overfeeding.
- Keep fresh water available at all times!
- We recommend Science Diet™ Simple Essentials™ Treats Light Adult Biscuits for dogs eating this product.
- Science Diet is available in a wide variety of dry foods and treats for your dog's unique needs, and canned foods, with many delicious flavors your dog will love.
- To prevent suffocation, keep this plastic bag out of the reach of pets and children.
|Weight of Dog||Obese prone||Weight loss|
|5 lb (2,3 kg)||5/8 cup (60 g)||3/8 cup (35 g)|
|10 lb (4,5 kg)||1 cup (100 g)||3/4 cup (75 g)|
|20 lb (9,1 kg)||1 2/3 cups (165 g)||1 1/4 cups (125 g)|
|40 lb (18 kg)||2 3/4 cups (270 g)||2 cups (200 g)|
|60 lb (27 kg)||3 3/4 cups (370 g)||2 3/4 cups (270 g)|
|80 lb (36 kg)||4 3/4 cups (470 g)||3 1/2 cups (345 g)|
|100 lb (45 kg)||5 2/3 cups (560 g)||4 cups (395 g)|
Average Nutrient And Caloric Contents
Dry 2997 kcal/kg (295 kcal/per cup²)
|Vitamin C||222 mg/kg|
|Vitamin E||592 IU/kg|
References1The nutrient in the product after moisture is removed. It is used to make direct comparisons of nutrient profiles of products with differing moisture contents.
Whole Grain Corn, Soybean Mill Run, Chicken By-Product Meal, Powdered Cellulose, Corn Gluten Meal, Soybean Meal, Chicken Liver Flavor, Soybean Oil, Lactic Acid, Flaxseed, Caramel Color, Iodized Salt, L-Lysine, Choline Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Vitamin E Supplement, vitamins (L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (source of vitamin C), Vitamin E Supplement, Niacin, Thiamine Mononitrate, Vitamin A Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Biotin, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Folic Acid, Vitamin D3 Supplement), minerals (Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Manganous Oxide, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite), Taurine, L-Carnitine, preserved with Mixed Tocopherols and Citric Acid, Phosphoric Acid, Beta-Carotene, Rosemary Extract.