Thank you for visiting
To log out and end your session, click "OK"
Refine Your Search
for closer look
m/d™ Feline Weight Loss-Low Carbohydrate-Diabetic
Weight reduction for overweight cats and insulin control for diabetic cats
Almost 50% of the pet population is overweight. Even a little extra weight can lead to serious health problems. Extra weight reduces play time, impacts mobility and affects the general health of your cat. Factors contributing to weight gain include age, lack of exercise and overfeeding.
Many commercial pet foods are loaded with salt and fat, which improve the taste but also have dramatic effects on your cat's weight and overall health. Along with frequent physical exercise, choosing the right food plays a very important role in helping cats reach their proper weight.
At Hill's, nutritionists and veterinarians have developed clinical nutrition especially formulated to help cats effectively lose weight and maintain normal insulin levels.
- Clinically proven low carbohydrate, high protein nutrition to modify cats' metabolism and reduce body fat
- Clinically tested to control glucose levels in diabetic cats
- High levels of carnitine to help mobilize body fat and maintain lean body mass
- High level of taurine to help maintain normal levels of insulin
- High level of arginine to support insulin secretion
- Added antioxidants to control cell oxidation and promote a healthy immune system
Hill's Prescription Diet™ m/d™ Feline is a complete and balanced food that provides all the nutrition your cat needs. Please consult your veterinarian for further information on how our Prescription Diet™ foods can help your cat to continue to enjoy a happy and active life.
Daily Feeding Guide
Important Feeding Information
- Cover and refrigerate unused portion.
- These amounts are a starting point only. Determine the amount to feed based on TARGET WEIGHT rather than the current weight. Your cat may need less or more food to safely loose weight. Adjust as needed. If you are unsure, or if you are not feeding this product for weight loss, ask your veterinarian.
- Mix increasing amounts of your cat's new food with decreasing amounts of the old food over a 7-day period. Prescription Diet™ formulas are available in a wide variety of dry foods for your cat's unique needs, and canned foods with delicious flavors your cat will love. Supplementation with other foods or treats is unnecessary and may decrease the effectiveness of the food.
- Keep fresh water available at all times!
- For best results, have your veterinarian monitor your pet's condition.
Weight Control - using 5.5 oz (156 g) can
|Weight of Cat||Adult maintenance||Weight loss|
|6 lb (2,7 kg)||1 1/4 can||3/4 can|
|8 lb (3,6 kg)||1 1/3 can||1 can|
|10 lb (4,5 kg)||1 2/3 can||1 can|
|12 lb (5,4 kg)||2 can||1 1/4 can|
|14 lb (6,4 kg)||2 1/4 can||1 1/2 can|
|16 lb (7,3 kg)||2 1/3 can||1 1/2 can|
|18 lb (8,2 kg)||2 2/3 can||1 3/4 can|
Average Nutrient And Caloric Contents
Canned 1001 kcal/kg ( 156.156 kcal/per 156g can)
|Vitamin C||125 mg/kg|
|Vitamin E||810 IU/kg|
References1The nutrient in the product after moisture is removed. It is used to make direct comparisons of nutrient profiles of products with differing moisture contents.
Pork By-Products, Pork Liver, Water, Corn Starch, Powdered Cellulose, Soy Protein Isolate, Chicken Fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols and citric acid), Calcium Carbonate, Guar Gum, Locust Bean Gum, Calcium Sulfate, Dicalcium Phosphate, Carrageenan, Rice Flour, Choline Chloride, Taurine, Potassium Chloride, DL-Methionine, Vitamin E Supplement, L-Carnitine, Thiamine Mononitrate, Ascorbic Acid (source of vitamin C), Zinc Oxide, Ferrous Sulfate, Beta-Carotene, Niacin, Manganous Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Riboflavin, Biotin, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Calcium Iodate, Folic Acid, Sodium Selenite.