Thank you for visiting
To log out and end your session, click "OK"
Refine Your Search
for closer look
k/d™ Feline Renal Health
Kidneys are very important because they remove waste substances from the blood, and maintain the normal balance of fluid and minerals within the body. Once kidney damage occurs, the consequences are usually irreversible.
Because the right nutrition can positively impact your pet's quality of life, Hill's, nutritionists and veterinarians developed Prescription Diet™ k/d™, clinical nutrition especially formulated to support your cat's kidney health. In fact, k/d is clinically tested to improve quality of life in cats.
- Reduced levels of protein to help reduce kidney workload
- Reduced phosphorus to help maintain healthy kidney function and minimize stress on kidneys
- Reduced sodium to help maintain normal blood pressure
- Increased levels of omega-3 fatty acids to support kidney health
- Increased levels of B-complex vitamins to compensate urinary losses
- Added antioxidants to control cell oxidation and promote a healthy immune system
Hill's Prescription Diet™ k/d™ Feline is a complete and balanced food that provides all the nutrition cats need. Please consult your veterinarian for further information on how our Prescription Diet™ foods can help your cat to continue to enjoy a happy and active life.
Daily Feeding Guide
Important Feeding Information
- These amounts are a starting point only. Your cat may need less or more food to maintain proper weight. Adjust as needed. If you are unsure, ask your veterinarian.
- With your veterinarian's approval, mix increasing amounts of your cat's new food with decreasing amounts of the old food over a 7-day period.
- Prescription Diet™ formulas are available in a wide variety of dry foods and treats for your cat's unique needs, and canned foods with delicious flavors your cat will love. When using with canned food and treats, decrease the amount of dry food to avoid overfeeding. Supplementation with other foods or treats is unnecessary and may decrease the effectiveness of the food.
- Keep fresh water available at all times!
- For best results, have your veterinarian monitor your cat's condition.
- To prevent suffocation, keep this plastic bag out of the reach of pets and children.
|Weight of Cat||Amount per Day|
|6.0 lb (2,7 kg)||1/3 cup (40 g) - 3/8 cup (45 g)|
|10.0 lb (4,5 kg)||3/8 cup (45 g) - 5/8 cup (80 g)|
|14.0 lb (6,4 kg)||1/2 cup (65 g) - 3/4 cup (95 g)|
|18.0 lb (8,2 kg)||2/3 cup (85 g) - 7/8 cup (110 g)|
Average Nutrient And Caloric Contents
Dry 3936 kcal/kg (492 kcal/per cup²)
|Vitamin C||228 mg/kg|
|Vitamin E||948 IU/kg|
|Omega-3 Fatty Acids Total||0.26|
References1The nutrient in the product after moisture is removed. It is used to make direct comparisons of nutrient profiles of products with differing moisture contents.
Brewers Rice, Corn Gluten Meal, Pork Fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols and citric acid), Chicken By-Product Meal, Dried Egg Product, Dried Chicken, Powdered Cellulose, Fish Meal, Lactic Acid, Calcium Carbonate, Chicken Liver Flavor, Dried Beet Pulp, DL-Methionine, Potassium Citrate, Potassium Chloride, Choline Chloride, Vitamin E Supplement, vitamins (L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (source of vitamin C), Vitamin E Supplement, Niacin, Thiamine Mononitrate, Vitamin A Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Riboflavin, Biotin, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Folic Acid, Vitamin D3 Supplement), Taurine, Iodized Salt, minerals (Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Manganous Oxide, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite), preserved with Mixed Tocopherols and Citric Acid, L-Tryptophan, Phosphoric Acid, Beta-Carotene, Rosemary Extract.