Thank you for visiting
To log out and end your session, click "OK"
Refine Your Search
for closer look
w/d™ Canine Low Fat-Diabetic-Gastrointestinal
Weight control, diabetic, and digestive support for dogs prone to excess weight gain
Some dogs can be more prone to gain weight than others. Weight problems can be successfully managed through changes in your dog's food.
At Hill's, nutritionists and veterinarians have developed clinical nutrition especially formulated to provide complete and balanced nutrition to manage dogs prone to weight gain. Prescription Diet™ w/d™ also helps dogs maintain normal blood glucose levels and promotes healthy digestion.
- Clinically proven to help dogs maintain a healthy weight (Dry only)
- High levels of carnitine to increase energy metabolism and burn fat while increasing lean muscle mass
- Moderately high fiber levels provide a feeling of fullness and may help reduce begging
- Helps stabilize and minimize fluctuation of blood glucose levels in diabetic dogs
- Added antioxidants to control cell oxidation and promote a healthy immune system
Hill's™ Prescription Diet™ w/d™ Canine is a complete and balanced food that provides all the nutrition your dog needs. Please consult your veterinarian for further information on how our Prescription Diet™ foods can help your dog to continue to enjoy a happy and active life.
Daily Feeding Guide
Important Feeding Information
- These amounts are a starting point only. Your dog may need less or more food to maintain proper weight. Adjust as needed. If you are unsure, ask your veterinarian.
- With your veterinarian's approval, mix increasing amounts of your dog's new food with decreasing amounts of the old food over a 7-day period.
- Prescription Diet™ formulas are available in a wide variety of dry foods and treats for your dog's unique needs and canned foods with delicious flavors your dog will love. Supplementation with other foods or treats is unnecessary and may decrease the effectiveness of the food. When using with canned food and treats, decrease the amount of dry food to avoid overfeeding.
- Keep fresh water available at all times!
- For best results, have your veterinarian monitor your dog's condition.
- To prevent suffocation, keep this plastic bag out of the reach of pets and children.
|Weight of Dog||Amount per Day|
|5.0 lb (2,3 kg)||5/8 cup (50 g) - 7/8 cup (70 g)|
|10.0 lb (4,5 kg)||1 1/8 cups (90 g) - 1 1/2 cups (120 g)|
|15.0 lb (6,8 kg)||1 1/2 cups (120 g) - 2 cups (160 g)|
|20.0 lb (9,1 kg)||1 3/4 cups (140 g) - 2 1/2 cups (205 g)|
|30.0 lb (13,6 kg)||2 1/2 cups (205 g) - 3 1/3 cups (270 g)|
|40.0 lb (18,1 kg)||3 cups (245 g) - 4 1/4 cups (345 g)|
|50.0 lb (22,7 kg)||3 1/2 cups (285 g) - 5 cups (405 g)|
|60.0 lb (27,2 kg)||4 cups (325 g) - 5 2/3 cups (460 g)|
|70.0 lb (31,8 kg)||4 2/3 cups (380 g) - 6 1/3 cups (515 g)|
|80.0 lb (36,3 kg)||5 cups (405 g) - 7 cups (565 g)|
|100.0 lb (45,4 kg)||6 cups (485 g) - 8 1/4 cups (670 g)|
|Weight of Dog||Amount per Day|
|5.0 lb (2,3 kg)||3/4 cup (60 g) - 1 cup (80 g)|
|10.0 lb (4,5 kg)||1 1/4 cups (100 g) - 1 2/3 cups (135 g)|
|15.0 lb (6,8 kg)||1 2/3 cups (135 g) - 2 1/4 cups (180 g)|
|20.0 lb (9,1 kg)||2 cups (160 g) - 2 3/4 cups (225 g)|
|30.0 lb (13,6 kg)||2 3/4 cups (225 g) - 3 3/4 cups (305 g)|
|40.0 lb (18,1 kg)||3 1/2 cups (285 g) - 4 3/4 cups (385 g)|
|50.0 lb (22,7 kg)||4 cups (325 g) - 5 2/3 cups (460 g)|
|60.0 lb (27,2 kg)||4 2/3 cups (380 g) - 6 1/2 cups (525 g)|
|70.0 lb (31,8 kg)||5 1/4 cups (425 g) - 7 1/4 cups (585 g)|
|80.0 lb (36,3 kg)||5 3/4 cups (465 g) - 8 cups (650 g)|
|100.0 lb (45,4 kg)||6 3/4 cups (545 g) - 9 1/2 cups (770 g)|
Average Nutrient And Caloric Contents
Dry 2986 kcal/kg (243 kcal/per cup²)
|Vitamin C||274 mg/kg|
|Vitamin E||747 IU/kg|
References1The nutrient in the product after moisture is removed. It is used to make direct comparisons of nutrient profiles of products with differing moisture contents.
Whole Grain Corn, Powdered Cellulose, Chicken by-product Meal, Corn Gluten Meal, Chicken Liver Flavor, Soybean Mill Run, Soybean Oil, Dried Beet Pulp, Lactic Acid, Soybean Meal, Caramel Color, Potassium Chloride, Calcium Sulfate, Flaxseed, L-Lysine, Vitamin E Supplement, Choline Chloride, Calcium Carbonate, vitamins (L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (source of vitamin C), Vitamin E Supplement, Niacin, Thiamine Mononitrate, Vitamin A Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Biotin, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Folic Acid, Vitamin D3 Supplement), Taurine, minerals (Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Manganous Oxide, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite), Iodized Salt, L-Tryptophan, L-Carnitine, L-Threonine, preserved with Mixed Tocopherols & Citric Acid, Phosphoric Acid, Beta-Carotene, Rosemary Extract.