Thank you for visiting
To log out and end your session, click "OK"
Refine Your Search
for closer look
r/d™ Canine Weight Loss-Low Calorie
Weight reduction for overweight dogs.
Almost 50% of the pet population is overweight. Even a little extra weight can lead to serious health problems. Extra weight can reduce play time, impact mobility and affect the general health of your dog. Factors contributing to weight gain include age, lack of exercise and overfeeding.
Many commercial pet foods are loaded with salt and fat, which improve the taste but also have dramatic effects on your dog's weight and overall health. Along with frequent physical exercise, choosing the right food plays a very important role in helping dogs reach their proper weight.
- Unique combination of lysine, carnitine and soluble fiber modifies metabolism from fat storing to fat burning*
- High natural fibers levels satisfy pets while losing weight
- Delicious taste for easy transition from your dog's current food
Hill's™ Prescription Diet™ r/d™ Canine is a complete and balanced food that provides all the nutrition your dog needs during weight loss. Please consult your veterinarian for further information on how our Prescription Diet™ foods can help your dog to continue to enjoy a happy and active life.
Daily Feeding Guide
Important Feeding Information
- Cover and refrigerate unused potion.
- These amounts are a starting point only. Determine the amount to feed based on TARGET WEIGHT rather than the current weight. Your dog may need less or more food to safely lose weight. Adjust as needed. If you are unsure or if you are not feeding this product for weight loss, ask your veterinarian.
- Mix increasing amounts of your dog's new food with decreasing amounts of the old food over a 7-day period. Prescription Diet™ formulas are available in a wide variety of dry foods and treats for your dog's unique needs and canned foods with delicious flavors your dog will love. When using with dry food and treats, decrease the amount of canned food to avoid overfeeding. Supplementation with other foods or treats is unnecessary and may decrease the effectiveness of the food.
- Keep fresh water available at all times!
- For best results, have your veterinarian monitor your dog's condition.
Weight Control - using 12.3 oz (350 g) can
|Weight of Dog||Adult maintenance||Weight loss|
|5 lb (2,3 kg)||7/8 can||1/2 can|
|10 lb (4,5 kg)||1 1/3 can||3/4 can|
|15 lb (6,8 kg)||1 3/4 can||1 1/4 can|
|20 lb (9,1 kg)||2 1/3 can||1 1/2 can|
|30 lb (14 kg)||3 can||2 can|
|40 lb (18 kg)||4 can||2 1/2 can|
|50 lb (23 kg)||4 1/2 can||2 3/4 can|
|60 lb (27 kg)||5 1/4 can||3 1/4 can|
|70 lb (32 kg)||6 can||3 2/3 can|
|80 lb (36 kg)||6 1/2 can||4 can|
|100 lb (45 kg)||7 2/3 can||4 3/4 can|
Average Nutrient And Caloric Contents
Canned 733 kcal/kg ( 256.55 kcal/per 350g can)
|Vitamin C||131 mg/kg|
|Vitamin E||731 IU/kg|
References1The nutrient in the product after moisture is removed. It is used to make direct comparisons of nutrient profiles of products with differing moisture contents.
Water, Pork By-Products, Soybean Mill Run, Rice, Pork Liver, Powdered Cellulose, Soybean Meal, Chicken Liver Flavor, Soybean Oil, Calcium Carbonate, Dicalcium Phosphate, Iron Oxide, Iodized Salt, Vitamin E Supplement, Choline Chloride, Taurine, Ascorbic Acid (source of vitamin C), L-Carnitine, Zinc Oxide, Ferrous Sulfate, Thiamine Mononitrate, Beta-Carotene, Copper Sulfate, Manganous Oxide, Niacin, Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Biotin, Riboflavin, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Calcium Iodate, Folic Acid, Sodium Selenite.