Thank you for visiting
To log out and end your session, click "OK"
Refine Your Search
for closer look
p/d® Canine -- For the nutritional support of puppies and dogs in recovery
Dogs can undergo significant metabolic changes when recovering from illness or surgery. During these stressful conditions the body is challenged to maintain strong natural defenses and spare lean body mass, which makes it is even more important to feed the right food. Also, during their first year, growing puppies have special nutritional needs to have a great start in life.
At Hill's, nutritionists and veterinarians developed clinical nutrition especially formulated to help growing puppies and adult dogs in recovering process
- Increased protein and fat to meet the specific needs of growing puppies and adult dogs during recovery
- Superior Antioxidant Formula to promote a healthy immune system to give puppies a great start in life
- Enhanced with natural DHA for healthy brain and vision development
- High-quality protein to help build strong bones and muscles, and ensure optimal growth and development
- High levels of fatty acids to help maintain proper function of nervous and immune systems, as well as promote healthy skin and coat
Hill's Prescription Diet® p/d® Canine is a complete and balanced food that provides all the nutrition puppies and dogs need.
Please consult your veterinarian for further information on how our Prescription Diet® foods can help your pet to continue to
enjoy a happy and active life.
Daily Feeding Guide
- Use only as directed by your veterinarian, the expert on your pet's health needs. Cover & refrigerate after opening.
- For puppies/pregnant dogs: These amounts are a starting point only. Your pet may need less or more food to maintain proper weight. Adjust as needed. If you are unsure, ask your veterinarian.
- For nursing dogs: keep food available at all times.
- For adult dogs: These ranges are a starting point only. Your pet may need less or more food to maintain proper weight. Adjust as needed. If you are unsure, ask your veterinarian.
- Keep fresh water available at all times!
- With your veterinarian's approval, mix increasing amounts of your pet's new food with decreasing amounts of the old food over a 7-day period.
- Prescription Diet® p/d® Canine is available in canned and dry. Supplementation with other foods is unnecessary and may decrease the effectiveness of the food. When using with p/d Canine dry, decrease the amount of canned food to avoid overfeeding.
Growth - using 13 oz (370 g) can
|Weight of Dog||Growth less than 4 months |
(Pregnancy weeks 7 - 9)
|Growth 4 to 9 months |
(Pregnancy weeks 5 - 6)
|Growth 10 to 12 months |
(Pregnancy weeks 1 - 4)
|2 lb (0,9 kg)||3/8 can||1/3 can||1/4 can|
|5 lb (2,3 kg)||3/4 can||5/8 can||1/2 can|
|8 lb (3,6 kg)||1 can||1 can||2/3 can|
|10 lb (4,5 kg)||1 1/4 can||1 can||3/4 can|
|20 lb (9 kg)||2 can||1 3/4 can||1 1/3 can|
|40 lb (18 kg)||3 1/2 can||3 can||2 1/3 can|
|60 lb (27 kg)||4 3/4 can||4 can||3 1/4 can|
|80 lb (36 kg)||6 can||5 can||4 can|
|100 lb (45 kg)||7 can||5 3/4 can||4 2/3 can|
|120 lb (54 kg)||8 can||6 3/4 can||5 1/3 can|
Adult maintenance - using 13 oz (370 g) can
|Weight of Dog||Amount per Day|
|5 lb (2,3 kg)||1/3 - 1/2 can|
|10 lb (4,5 kg)||1/2 - 3/4 can|
|20 lb (9 kg)||1 - 1 1/3 can|
|40 lb (18 kg)||1 2/3 - 2 1/4 can|
|60 lb (27 kg)||2 1/4 - 3 can|
|80 lb (36 kg)||2 2/3 - 3 2/3 can|
|100 lb (45 kg)||3 1/4 - 4 1/3 can|
Average Nutrient And Caloric Contents
Canned 1415 kcal/kg ( 523.55 kcal/per 370g can)
References1The nutrient in the product after moisture is removed. It is used to make direct comparisons of nutrient profiles of products with differing moisture contents.
Water, Chicken, Pork By-Products, Pork Liver, Ground Whole Grain Corn, Egg Product, Cracked Pearled Barley, Corn Gluten Meal, Dried Beet Pulp, Soybean Oil, Dicalcium Phosphate, Fish Meal, Potassium Chloride, Iodized Salt, Iron Oxide, Choline Chloride, Calcium Carbonate, Vitamin E Supplement, Oat Fiber, L-Tryptophan, Ascorbic Acid (source of vitamin C), DL-Methionine, Taurine, Zinc Oxide, Ferrous Sulfate, Beta-Carotene, Thiamine Mononitrate, Manganous Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Niacin, Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Biotin, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Calcium Iodate, Riboflavin, Sodium Selenite, Folic Acid.