Thank you for visiting
To log out and end your session, click "OK"
Refine Your Search
for closer look
l/d™ Canine Hepatic Health
The liver is your dog's largest internal organ with many functions, including the digestion and conversion of nutrients, the removal of toxic substances from the blood and the storage of vitamins and minerals. The liver has an amazing ability to repair and regenerate itself, and nutrition plays a vital role in this process.
At Hill's, nutritionists and veterinarians have developed clinical nutrition especially formulated to help support your dog's liver function during its healing process.
- High quality and highly digestible protein in moderate quantities to help reduce liver workload and helps maintain liver function
- Added L-Carnitine to help maintain normal fat metabolism in the liver
- Added antioxidant nutrients like vitamin E and C to control cell oxidation and promote a healthy immune system
- Reduced in sodium to help maintain normal blood pressure
Hill's Prescription Diet™ l/d™ Canine is a complete and balanced food that provides all the nutrition dogs need. Please consult your veterinarian for further information on how our Prescription Diet™ foods can help your dog to continue to enjoy a happy and active life.
Daily Feeding Guide
Important Feeding Information
- Cover and refrigerate unused portion.
- These amounts are a starting point only. Your dog may need less or more food to maintain proper weight. Adjust as needed. If you are unsure, or if you are feeding Prescription Diet™ l/d™ Canine Hepatic Health to a puppy, ask your veterinarian.
- With your veterinarian's approval, mix increasing amounts of your dog's new food with decreasing amounts of the old food over a 7-day period.
- Prescription Diet™ formulas are available in a wide variety of dry foods and treats for your dog's unique needs, and canned foods with delicious flavors your dog will love. Supplementation with other foods or treats is unnecessary and may decrease the effectiveness of the food. When using with dry food and treats, decrease the amount of canned food to avoid overfeeding.
- Keep fresh water available at all times!
- For best results, have your veterinarian monitor your dog's condition.
Adult maintenance - using 13 oz (370 g) can
|Weight of Dog||Amount per Day|
|5 lb (2,3 kg)||1/3 - 1/2 can|
|10 lb (4,5 kg)||2/3 - 3/4 can|
|15 lb (6,8 kg)||3/4 - 1 can|
|20 lb (9,1 kg)||1 - 1 1/3 can|
|30 lb (14 kg)||1 1/3 - 1 3/4 can|
|40 lb (18 kg)||1 2/3 - 2 1/3 can|
|50 lb (23 kg)||2 - 2 3/4 can|
|60 lb (27 kg)||2 1/4 - 3 can|
|70 lb (32 kg)||2 1/2 - 3 1/2 can|
|80 lb (36 kg)||2 3/4 - 3 3/4 can|
|100 lb (45 kg)||3 1/3 - 4 1/2 can|
Growth - using 13 oz (370 g) can
|Weight of Dog||Growth less than 4 months||Growth 4 to 9 months||Growth 10 to 12 months|
|2.0 lb (0,9 kg)||3/8 can||1/3 can||1/4 can|
|5.0 lb (2,3 kg)||3/4 can||2/3 can||1/2 can|
|8.0 lb (3,6 kg)||1 can||1 can||3/4 can|
|10.0 lb (4,5 kg)||1 1/3 can||1 can||1 can|
|20.0 lb (9,1 kg)||2 1/4 can||1 3/4 can||1 1/2 can|
|40.0 lb (18,1 kg)||3 3/4 can||3 can||2 1/2 can|
|60.0 lb (27,2 kg)||5 can||4 1/4 can||3 1/3 can|
|80.0 lb (36,3 kg)||6 1/4 can||5 1/4 can||4 1/4 can|
|100.0 lb (45,4 kg)||7 1/3 can||6 1/4 can||5 can|
|120.0 lb (54,4 kg)||8 1/2 can||7 can||5 2/3 can|
Average Nutrient And Caloric Contents
Canned 1392 kcal/kg ( 515.04 kcal/per 370g can)
|Vitamin C||190 mg/kg|
|Vitamin E||693 IU/kg|
|Vitamin K||0.13 mg/kg|
References1The nutrient in the product after moisture is removed. It is used to make direct comparisons of nutrient profiles of products with differing moisture contents.
Water, Rice, Egg Product, Chicken Fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols and citric acid), Soybean Meal, Soybean Oil, Corn Starch, Chicken Liver Flavor, Corn Gluten Meal, Powered Cellulose, Fish Oil, Dicalcium Phosphate, Potassium Chloride, Calcium Carbonate, Dried Beet Pulp, L-Lysine, L-Arginine, Iodized Salt, Choline Chloride, Vitamin E Supplement, Taurine, Zinc Oxide, L-Carnitine, Ascorbic Acid (source of vitamin C), L-Tryptophan, Niacin, Thiamine Mononitrate, Vitamin A Supplement, Beta-Carotene, Calcium Pantothenate, Manganous Oxide, Biotin, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Folic Acid, Calcium Iodate, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Sodium Selenite, Menadione Dimethylpyrimidinol Bisulfite (source of vitamin K).