Thank you for visiting
To log out and end your session, click "OK"
Refine Your Search
for closer look
i/d™ Canine Gastrointestinal Health
Digestive Health Support
Dietary indiscretion, food allergies, or lack of digestive enzymes can affect your dog's digestive health. Efficient digestion is essential for your dog to be able to build and repair tissues and obtain energy, and for these reasons it is important to feed a food that is formulated to help support digestive health.
At Hill's, nutritionists and veterinarians have developed clinical nutrition especially formulated to help manage dogs with digestive health problems. Due to its easily digestible ingredients, Prescription Diet™ i/d™ may also be helpful for pets recovering from gastrointestinal upset and routine surgery.
- Highly digestible protein and fat to help repair tissues and assimilate nutrients faster
- Mixed fiber source to help maintain gastrointestinal health
- Optimal balance of nutrients to help replenish the body and help encourage recovery
- Added antioxidants to control cell oxidation and promote a healthy immune system
Hill's Prescription Diet™ i/d™ Canine is a complete and balanced food that provides all the nutrition dogs need. Please consult your veterinarian for further information on how our Prescription Diet™ foods can help your dog to continue to enjoy a happy and active life.
Daily Feeding Guide
Important Feeding Information
- Cover and refrigerate unused portion.
- These amounts are a starting point only. Your dog may need less or more food to maintain proper weight. Adjust as needed. If you are unsure, or if you are feeding Prescription Diet™ i/d™ Canine to a puppy, ask your veterinarian.
- With your veterinarian's approval, mix increasing amounts of your dog's new food with decreasing amounts of the old food over a 7-day period.
- Prescription Diet formulas are available in a wide variety of dry foods and treats for your dog's unique needs, and canned foods with delicious flavors your dog will love. Supplementation with other foods or treats is unnecessary and may decrease the effectiveness of the food. When using with dry food and treats, decrease the amount of canned food to avoid overfeeding.
- Split the recommended daily amount into smaller portions and feed throughout the day.
- Keep fresh water available at all times!
- For best results, have your veterinarian monitor your dog's condition.
Growth - using 13 oz (370 g) can
|Weight of Dog||Growth less than 4 months||Growth 4 to 9 months||Growth 10 to 12 months|
|2.0 lb (0,9 kg)||1/2 can||1/2 can||3/8 can|
|5.0 lb (2,3 kg)||1 1/8 can||7/8 can||3/4 can|
|8.0 lb (3,6 kg)||1 1/2 can||1 1/4 can||1 can|
|10.0 lb (4,5 kg)||1 3/4 can||1 1/2 can||1 1/4 can|
|20.0 lb (9,1 kg)||3 can||2 1/2 can||2 can|
|40.0 lb (18,1 kg)||5 can||4 1/4 can||3 1/3 can|
|60.0 lb (27,2 kg)||7 can||5 3/4 can||4 2/3 can|
|80.0 lb (36,3 kg)||8 1/2 can||7 1/4 can||5 2/3 can|
|100.0 lb (45,4 kg)||10 can||8 1/2 can||6 3/4 can|
|120.0 lb (54,4 kg)||11 2/3 can||9 2/3 can||7 3/4 can|
Critical care-Surgery/sepsis/cancer/trauma/fever - using 13 oz (370 g) can
|Weight of Dog||Amount per Day|
|5 lb (2,3 kg)||3/8 - 1/2 can|
|10 lb (4,5 kg)||2/3 - 3/4 can|
|15 lb (6,8 kg)||3/4 - 1 1/4 can|
|20 lb (9,1 kg)||1 - 1 1/3 can|
|30 lb (14 kg)||1 1/3 - 2 can|
|40 lb (18 kg)||1 3/4 - 2 1/3 can|
|50 lb (23 kg)||2 - 2 3/4 can|
|60 lb (27 kg)||2 1/3 - 3 1/4 can|
|70 lb (32 kg)||2 2/3 - 3 2/3 can|
|80 lb (36 kg)||2 3/4 - 4 can|
|100 lb (45 kg)||3 1/3 - 4 2/3 can|
Average Nutrient And Caloric Contents
Canned 998 kcal/kg ( 369.26 kcal/per 370g can)
|Total Dietary Fiber||4.8|
References1The nutrient in the product after moisture is removed. It is used to make direct comparisons of nutrient profiles of products with differing moisture contents.
Water, Turkey, Egg Product, Pork Liver, Rice, Whole Grain Corn, Rice Starch, Powdered Cellulose, Dried Beet Pulp, Dicalcium Phosphate, Potassium Chloride, Caramel Color, Flaxseed, Calcium Carbonate, Iodized Salt, Choline Chloride, L-Threonine, DL-Methionine, Vitamin E Supplement, L-Tryptophan, Taurine, Iron Oxide, Ascorbic Acid (source of vitamin C), Zinc Oxide, Ferrous Sulfate, Thiamine Mononitrate, Cysteine, Magnesium Oxide, Beta-Carotene, Manganous Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Niacin, Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Biotin, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Calcium Iodate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid, Sodium Selenite.