Thank you for visiting
To log out and end your session, click "OK"
Refine Your Search
for closer look
h/d™ Canine Cardiac Health
The heart is the most important organ in you pet's body, and factors such as age or weight may affect its function. Poor heart health can affect your dog's life style and happiness.
Because the food your dog eats plays an important role in his or her overall health and well-being, at Hill's, nutritionists and veterinarians developed clinical nutrition especially formulated to support your dog's heart health.
- Low level of sodium to help maintain normal blood pressure
- High level of taurine to help support cardiac muscle metabolism
- High level of L-Carnitine to support healthy heart function
- Increased B-vitamins and magnesium to help replenish nutrients lost when receiving diuretics
Hill's Prescription Diet™ h/d™ Canine is a complete and balanced food that provides all the nutrition dogs need. Please consult your veterinarian for further information on how our Prescription Diet™ foods can help your dog to continue to enjoy a happy and active life.
Daily Feeding Guide
Important Feeding Information
- Cover and refrigerate unused portion.
- These amounts are a starting point only. Your dog may need less or more food to maintain proper weight. Adjust as needed. If you are unsure, ask your veterinarian.
- With your veterinarian's approval, mix increasing amounts of your dog's new food with decreasing amounts of the old food over a 7-day period.
- Prescription Diet™ formulas are available in a wide variety of dry foods and treats for your dog's unique needs, and canned foods with delicious flavors your dog will love.
- Supplementation with other foods or treats is unnecessary and may decrease the effectiveness of the food.
- When using with dry food and treats, decrease the amount of canned food to avoid overfeeding.
- Keep fresh water available at all times!
- For best results, have your veterinarian monitor your dog's condition.
Adult maintenance - using 13 oz (370 g) can
|Weight of Dog||Amount per Day|
|5 lb (2,3 kg)||1/3 - 1/2 can|
|10 lb (4,5 kg)||2/3 - 3/4 can|
|15 lb (6,8 kg)||3/4 - 1 can|
|20 lb (9,1 kg)||1 - 1 1/3 can|
|30 lb (14 kg)||1 1/3 - 1 3/4 can|
|40 lb (18 kg)||1 2/3 - 2 1/3 can|
|50 lb (23 kg)||2 - 2 3/4 can|
|60 lb (27 kg)||2 1/4 - 3 can|
|70 lb (32 kg)||2 1/2 - 3 1/2 can|
|80 lb (36 kg)||2 3/4 - 3 3/4 can|
|100 lb (45 kg)||3 1/3 - 4 1/2 can|
Average Nutrient And Caloric Contents
Canned 1296 kcal/kg ( 479.52 kcal/per 370g can)
|Ca:P||1.3 : 1|
|Vitamin C||124 mg/kg|
|Vitamin E||823 IU/kg|
References1The nutrient in the product after moisture is removed. It is used to make direct comparisons of nutrient profiles of products with differing moisture contents.
Water, Chicken, Whole Grain Corn, Rice, Pork Liver, Chicken Fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols and citric acid), Sucrose, Chicken Liver Flavor, Potassium Citrate, Calcium Carbonate, Potassium Chloride, Choline Chloride, Vitamin E Supplement, Taurine, Calcium Carbonate, Magnesium Oxide, L-Tryptophan, Ascorbic Acid (source of vitamin C), L-Carnitine, Zinc Oxide, Ferrous Sulfate, Thiamine Mononitrate, Beta-Carotene, Niacin, Manganous Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Biotin, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Riboflavin, Calcium Iodate, Folic Acid, Sodium Selenite.