Thank you for visiting
To log out and end your session, click "OK"
The TRUTH about pet nutrition.
It's important to understand what is myth or fact when making choices about what you feed your pet. Check out these common myths and learn the truth.
A filler is an ingredient providing no nutritional purpose. Corn is NOT a filler. Corn is a nutritionally superior grain compared with others used in pet food. It contains nutrients not found in other grains and includes:
- Essential fatty acids for healthy skin and coat
- Beta-carotene, vitamin E and lutein - nature's antioxidants
- Highly digestible carbohydrates for energy
- Quality proteins for muscle and tissue growth
You'll be interested to know that protein in corn is more digestible than rice, wheat, barley or sorghum.
A by-product is something produced when making something else. For example, a by-product of soybean processing is vitamin E. Other food by-products include vegetable oils, beef bouillon and gelatin. Also, Hill's:
- Selects those by-products that allow it to add nutrient-rich organ meats
- Avoids excess minerals from bones found in less expensive meat meals
At Hill's, we prepare our pet food through a "quick cooking" process. Important nutrients are actually more digestible after cooking than before. Also:
- It is true that cooking can lead to the loss of some vitamins. However, we formulate our products so that we meet our precise nutrient targets after cooking
- Our Guaranteed Analysis statement on each bag reflects these post-cooking levels