Thank you for visiting
To log out and end your session, click "OK"
Refine Your Search
for closer look
Adult Optimal Care™ Original
Hill's™ Science Diet™ Adult Optimal Care™ Original cat food provides precisely balanced nutrition to maintain vital organ health and lean muscles. It contains a precise balance of essential nutrients and clinically proven antioxidants to maintain superior overall health and a strong immune system. It also has added taurine to help maintain heart health and controlled phosphorus to maintain kidney health.
Adult cats 1 -- 6 years of age.
Not Recommended For:
Kittens, pregnant or nursing cats.
During pregnancy or nursing, cats should be switched to Science Diet™ Kitten Healthy Development Original, Science Diet™ Kitten Healthy Development Ocean Fish & Rice Recipe, Science Diet™ Kitten Indoor or Science Diet™ Nature's Best Kitten.
|Benefits||Nutrient||How It Works|
|Healthy immune function||Vitamin C + E||Ideal levels of clinically proven antioxidants for a healthy immune system.|
|Healthy heart and vital organs||Taurine and Phosphorus||Added taurine to help maintain heart health. Controlled phosphorus to maintain kidney health.|
|Easy to digest||High quality ingredients||Ensures proper nutrient absorption to keep your cat fit and healthy.|
|Lean muscle maintenance||High quality lean proteins||Protein is the building block for lean muscle and helps maintain ideal body condition.|
|Ideal body weight||Precise balance of key nutrients||Delivers the appropriate amount of energy to support ideal body weight.|
Other Products to ConsiderScience Diet is available in a wide variety of dry foods for your cat's unique needs. Canned cat food is also available from Science Diet in a variety of delicious textures and flavors that your cat will love.
Daily Feeding Guide
- These amounts are a starting point only. Your pet may need less or more food to maintain proper weight. Adjust as needed. If you are unsure, ask your veterinarian.
- Feeding this food for the first time? Mix increasing amounts of your pet's new food with decreasing amounts of the old food over a 7-day period.
- When using with canned food, decrease the amount of dry food to avoid overfeeding.
- Keep fresh water available at all times!
- We recommend that you take your pet to the veterinarian at least twice a year for regular health check-ups.
- Your pet's nutritional needs change with each lifestage. Continue to give her the same precise and balanced nutrition by transitioning your cat to one of the Hill's™ Science Diet™ Mature Adult pet foods once she reaches 7 years of age.
- Science Diet is available in a wide variety of dry foods for your cat's unique needs. Canned cat food is also available from Science Diet in a variety of delicious textures and flavors that your cat will love.
- To prevent suffocation, keep this plastic bag out of the reach of pets and children.
|Weight of Cat||Amount per Day|
|5.0 lb (2,3 kg)||1/4 cup (30 g) - 1/3 cup (40 g)|
|10.0 lb (4,5 kg)||3/8 cup (45 g) - 5/8 cup (80 g)|
|15.0 lb (6,8 kg)||5/8 cup (80 g) - 3/4 cup (95 g)|
Average Nutrient And Caloric Contents
Dry 4068 kcal/kg (509 kcal/per cup²)
|Vitamin C||127 mg/kg|
|Vitamin E||699 IU/kg|
References1The nutrient in the product after moisture is removed. It is used to make direct comparisons of nutrient profiles of products with differing moisture contents.
Chicken By-Product Meal, Whole Grain Corn, Brewers Rice Corn Gluten Meal, Animal Fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols and citric acid), Chicken Liver Flavor, Lactic Acid, Choline Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Calcium Sulfate, DL-Methionine, Vitamin E Supplement, Iodized Salt, vitamins (L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (source of vitamin C), Vitamin E Supplement, Niacin, Thiamine Mononitrate, Vitamin A Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Riboflavin, Biotin, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Folic Acid, Vitamin D3 Supplement), Taurine, minerals (Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Manganous Oxide, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite), preserved with Mixed Tocopherols and Citric Acid, Phosphoric Acid, Beta-Carotene, Rosemary Extract.