Thank you for visiting
To log out and end your session, click "OK"
Refine Your Search
for closer look
Puppy Small & Toy Breed
Hill's® Science Diet® Puppy Small & Toy Breed dog food provides precisely balanced nutrition to meet your small breed dog's special needs. It contains high levels of antioxidants to help build a healthy immune system with appropriate levels of calcium and protein to promote healthy bones, muscles, and teeth. It also contains natural DHA from premium fish oil, a nutrient vital to promote brain development and highly digestible carbohydrates and proteins to ensure optimal nutrient absorption. All these, and great taste, 100% guaranteed or your money back!
Puppies up to 1 year old that weigh up to 25 pounds when full grown.
Pregnant or nursing dogs.
Not Recommended For:
Dogs 1 year or older that are not pregnant or nursing. Dogs 1 year or older that weigh up to 25 pounds when full grown should be switched to Science Diet® Adult Small & Toy Breed dog food.
|Benefit||Nutrient||How It Works|
|Healthy immune function||Vitamins C + E||Optimal levels of clinically proven antioxidants for a healthy immune system|
|Healthy bones, muscles, and teeth||Calcium, protein||Optimal levels of calcium and protein to promote healthy bones, muscles and teeth|
|Brain development||DHA||DHA, from premium fish oil, provides the vital nutrient to help brain development and promote smarter, more trainable puppies|
|Optimal nutrient absorption||Highly digestible carbohydrates and proteins||High quality ingredients to ensure efficient nutrient absorption|
Other Products to ConsiderScience Diet® dog food is available in a wide variety of dry and canned foods that meet your dog's unique nutritional needs, in many delicious flavors your dog will love.
Daily Feeding Guide
- For puppies/pregnant dogs: begin by feeding the suggested daily amount. Your pet may need less or more food to maintain proper weight. Adjust as needed. If you are unsure, ask your veterinarian.
- For nursing dogs: keep food available at all times.
- Feeding this food for the first time? Mix increasing amounts of your pet's new food with decreasing amounts of the old food over a 7-day period.
- When using with Science Diet® canned food, decrease the amount of dry food to avoid overfeeding.
- Keep fresh water available at all times!
- We recommend that you take your pet to the veterinarian at least twice a year for regular health check-ups.
- Your pet's nutritional needs change with each lifestage. Continue to give him the same precise and balanced nutrition by transitioning your puppy to one of the Hill's® Science Diet® adult dog foods once he reaches 1 year of age.
- Science Diet is available in a wide variety of dry foods for your puppy's unique needs. Canned puppy food is also available from Science Diet in a delicious savory chicken flavor that your puppy will love.
|Weight of Dog||Growth less than 4 months |
(Pregnancy weeks 7 - 9)
|Growth 4 to 9 months |
(Pregnancy weeks 5 - 6)
|Growth 10 to 12 months |
(Pregnancy weeks 1 - 4)
|2 lb (0,9 kg)||1/2 cup (50 g)||3/8 cup (35 g)||1/3 cup (35 g)|
|5 lb (2,3 kg)||1 cup (100 g)||7/8 cup (85 g)||2/3 cup (65 g)|
|8 lb (3,6 kg)||1 1/2 cups (150 g)||1 1/4 cups (125 g)||1 cup (100 g)|
|10 lb (4,5 kg)||1 3/4 cups (175 g)||1 1/2 cups (150 g)||1 1/8 cups (110 g)|
|15 lb (6,8 kg)||2 1/3 cups (230 g)||2 cups (200 g)||1 1/2 cups (150 g)|
|20 lb (9,1 kg)||3 cups (295 g)||2 1/2 cups (250 g)||2 cups (200 g)|
|25 lb (11,3 kg)||3 1/2 cups (345 g)||2 3/4 cups (270 g)||2 1/4 cups (225 g)|
|30 lb (14 kg)||4 cups (395 g)||3 1/4 cups (320 g)||2 2/3 cups (265 g)|
Average Nutrient And Caloric Contents
Dry 3897 kcal/kg
|Vitamin C||330 mg/kg|
|Vitamin E||896 IU/kg|
|Omega-3 Fatty Acids Total||1.02|
References1The nutrient in the product after moisture is removed. It is used to make direct comparisons of nutrient profiles of products with differing moisture contents.
Whole Grain Corn, Chicken By-Product Meal, Corn Gluten Meal, Pork Fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols and citric acid), Dried Beet Pulp, Chicken Liver Flavor, Brewers Rice, Dicalcium Phosphate, Lactic Acid, Fish Oil, Flaxseed, Soybean Oil, Iodized Salt, Potassium Chloride, L-lysine, Choline Chloride, Vitamin E Supplement, vitamins (L-ascorbyl-2-polyphosphate (source of vitamin C), Vitamin E Supplement, Niacin, Thiamine Mononitrate, Vitamin A Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Biotin, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Folic Acid, Vitamin D3 Supplement), Magnesium Oxide, minerals (Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Manganous Oxide, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite), preserved with Mixed Tocopherols and Citric Acid, Phosphoric Acid, Beta-Carotene, Rosemary Extract.