Thank you for visiting
To log out and end your session, click "OK"
Refine Your Search
for closer look
w/d™ Canine Low Fat-Diabetic-Gastrointestinal
Weight control, diabetic, and digestive support for dogs prone to excess weight gain
Some dogs can be more prone to gain weight than others. Weight problems can be successfully managed through changes in your dog's food.
At Hill's, nutritionists and veterinarians have developed clinical nutrition especially formulated to provide complete and balanced nutrition to manage dogs prone to weight gain. Prescription Diet™ w/d™ also helps dogs maintain normal blood glucose levels and promotes healthy digestion.
- Clinically proven nutrition to help dogs maintain a healthy weight
- High levels of carnitine to increase energy metabolism and burn fat while increasing lean muscle mass
- Moderately high fiber levels provide a feeling of fullness and may help reduce begging
- Helps stabilize and minimize fluctuation of blood glucose levels in diabetic dogs
- Added antioxidants to control cell oxidation and promote a healthy immune system
Hill's® Prescription Diet™ w/d™ Canine is a complete and balanced food that provides all the nutrition your dog needs. Please consult your veterinarian for further information on how our Prescription Diet™ foods can help your dog to continue to enjoy a happy and active life.
Daily Feeding Guide
Important Feeding Information
- Cover and refrigerate unused portion.
- These amounts are a starting point only. Your dog may need less or more food to maintain proper weight. Adjust as needed. If you are unsure, ask your veterinarian.
- With your veterinarian's approval, mix increasing amounts of your dog's new food with decreasing amounts of the old food over a 7-day period.
- Prescription Diet™ formulas are available in a wide variety of dry foods and treats for your dog's unique needs and canned foods with delicious flavors your dog will love. Supplementation with other foods or treats is unnecessary and may decrease the effectiveness of the food. When using with dry food and treats, decrease the amount of canned food to avoid overfeeding.
- Keep fresh water available at all times!
- For best results, have your veterinarian monitor your dog's condition.
Adult maintenance - using 13 oz (370 g) can
|Weight of Dog||Amount per Day|
|5 lb (2,3 kg)||1/2 - 3/4 can|
|10 lb (4,5 kg)||1 - 1 1/4 can|
|20 lb (9 kg)||1 1/2 - 2 can|
|40 lb (18 kg)||2 1/2 - 3 1/2 can|
|60 lb (27 kg)||3 1/3 - 4 2/3 can|
|80 lb (36 kg)||4 1/4 - 5 3/4 can|
|100 lb (45 kg)||5 - 7 can|
Obese prone - using 13 oz (370 g) can
|Weight of Dog||Amount per Day|
|5 lb (2,3 kg)||1/2 - 5/8 can|
|10 lb (4,5 kg)||3/4 - 1 can|
|20 lb (9 kg)||1 1/3 - 1 3/4 can|
|40 lb (18 kg)||2 1/4 - 3 can|
|60 lb (27 kg)||3 - 4 can|
|80 lb (36 kg)||3 2/3 - 5 can|
|100 lb (45 kg)||4 1/3 - 6 can|
Average Nutrient And Caloric Contents
Canned 890 kcal/kg ( 329.3 kcal/per 370g can)
|Vitamin C||116 mg/kg|
|Vitamin E||614 IU/kg|
References1The nutrient in the product after moisture is removed. It is used to make direct comparisons of nutrient profiles of products with differing moisture contents.
Water, Egg Product, Whole Grain Corn, Chicken, Cracked Pearled Barley, Pork Liver, Powdered Cellulose, Chicken Liver Flavor, Soybean Oil, Potassium Chloride, Calcium Sulfate, Choline Chloride, Calcium Carbonate, Iodized Salt, Vitamin E Supplement, Taurine, L-Tryptophan, Ascorbic Acid (source of vitamin C), L-Carnitine, Zinc Oxide, Ferrous Sulfate, Thiamine Mononitrate, Beta-Carotene, Niacin, Manganous Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Biotin, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Riboflavin, Calcium Iodate, Folic Acid, Sodium Selenite.