The Dietary Needs of Your Indoor Cat
The lifestyle of an indoor cat differs greatly from that of an outdoor cat. Often, an indoor cat has a lower exercise level than one that lives outside. And, since she has more time to groom, an indoor cat is more likely to develop hairballs.
Encouraging indoor exercise can help your cat stay fit and healthy. An increase in activity and decrease in mental stagnation may help prevent many behavior and grooming problems. Create a positive and enriched environment with activities like grooming your longhaired cat once a day or brushing a short-haired cat once a week can help mental stimulation and hairball issues. For other practical suggestions about active play to help stimulate a domestic house cat, read Cat Workouts and Exercise Tips from the experts at Hill's.
It's also important to nourish the good life enjoyed by your cat with a food specially formulated for indoor cats. Hill's® Science Diet® Indoor Cat food is available in a variety of formulas for all life stages and needs, including hairball control.
Always consult your veterinarian if you have questions about your cat's health.
It's also important to nourish the good life enjoyed by your pet with a food specially formulated for indoor cats. Hill's® Science Diet® Indoor Cat food is available in a variety of formulas for all life stages and needs, including hairball control.
- Ideal for spayed or neutered cats who are generally more sedentary
- Helps maintain healthy weight with levels of energy appropriate to an indoor lifestyle
- Antioxidants to support a healthy immune system
- Unique natural fiber technology reduces hairballs and helps comfortably move hair through a cat's system
- High carnitine helps turn fat into energy while maintaining lean body mass
- Precisely-balanced nutrition for an indoor lifestyle .
Try any of these formulas:
- Science Diet® Indoor Cat Adult Dry - for cats age 1 to 6
- Science Diet® Indoor Cat Mature Adult 7+ Dry - for cats over age 7
- Science Diet® Indoor Cat Kitten Dry - for kittens less than 1 year old
- Science Diet® Indoor Cat Chicken Entrée Minced - high quality ingredients, including real chicken, cooked in savory juices for a great taste and soft texture
- Science Diet® Indoor Cat Seafood Entrée Minced - high quality ingredients, including real fish, cooked in savory juices for a great taste and soft texture
- Science Diet® Adult Indoor Long Coat - for long haired cats age 1 to 6
- Science Diet® Senior 11+ Indoor Age Defying - for cats over 11
Vets' #1 Choice to Feed Their Own Pets
Hill's® Science Diet® Brand